• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ belicosos...

cbrf2

Whats y'all take on the RyJ belicosos? I have a friend thats sending me these, and im so anxious to try them... just trying to get a feel for what to expect. :D

I don't really hear a lot about these vs. the other popular beliscos. I'd be interested in others opinion's as well. :)

I found these very average - light taste - sort of a 'yawn' smoke..
Nothing at all bad about them - just nothing there to make you take much notice either..

I think that these are a great morning smoke. They have a slight sweetness that goes good with my coffee. I do also like them in the mid day as well. I think that they are a fine smoke. Not the best out there but certainly a good one. :thumbs: I don't think that you will be disappointed. But it does not even come close to being as good as the RyJ Petite Pyramides EL, which is,IMO, outstanding.

atuck said:
I think that these are a great morning smoke. They have a slight sweetness that goes good with my coffee. I do also like them in the mid day as well. I think that they are a fine smoke. Not the best out there but certainly a good one. :thumbs: I don't think that you will be disappointed.
[snapback]225572[/snapback]​

I agree with atuck. I smoked one from 2001 the other night and found it to be good, but not great. It was very mellow and the flavors were very subtle. It was enjoyable, but you have to be in the mood for that type of smoke to really enjoy it.

atuck said:
... But it does not even come close to being as good as the RyJ Petite Pyramides EL, which is,IMO, outstanding.
[snapback]225572[/snapback]​

I agree with that statement 100% :thumbs:

They RyJ Beli can be an outstanding smoke but really needs a minimum of five years of age to show it's true potential.

thanks for the replies, so these pretty much are on the milder side... thats great, i still cant complain, free is free right? :D THis may be a turn from the topic, but has anyone tried the punch petite corona tubos?

The 98's I had were pepper bombs. They were as strong as any Cuban made back then. I personally didn't care for that pepper flavor.

I found them to be very light smokes..With very little flavor and or complexity.
They would make a nice morning gar. Still a decent smoke

The 01' EL's are amazing. I would say 200 times better than the others. I think I posted a revivew a while back, but the flavor is a lot better and they seem to pack a lot more power. Not overpowering or "peppery" like the new smaller EL's. I would say it's one of the few EL's outside of Cohiba's that have found a perfect balance.

lucasbuck said:
They RyJ Beli can be an outstanding smoke but really needs a minimum of five years of age to show it's true potential.
[snapback]225751[/snapback]​

OK Craig... send a couple of 5+ year aged ones over... :p

I've never liked the RyJ Belis...