• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RnJ Romeo No.2

anvil

Distant Member
I purchased two Romeo y Julieta,Romeo No 2 Tubos from a vendor in Sydney on Sunday.
I watched him break the seal and open a new box.
I handled and checked out the box and it looked Ok.
I took two Tubos out and gave him my money.
Walked to a Coffee shop and sat down with the wife for Coffee.Pulled out the Tubos ,and low and behold on closer inspection the red screw on caps were different.(one is 1mm longer than the other).
Looked at the cigars real closely to find the embossing on the bands are different also...
Looks like I have been Had Yet Again..... :angry:

I purchased two Romeo y Julieta,Romeo No 2 Tubos from a vendor in Sydney on Sunday.
I watched him break the seal and open a new box.
I handled and checked out the box and it looked Ok.
I took two Tubos out and gave him my money.
Walked to a Coffee shop and sat down with the wife for Coffee.Pulled out the Tubos ,and low and behold on closer inspection the red screw on caps were different.(one is 1mm longer than the other).
Looked at the cigars real closely to find the embossing on the bands are different also...
Looks like I have been Had Yet Again..... :angry:
Got pics?

Wilkey

Would love to see some pics as well and, further, did you go back to the vendor in question with those sticks? If so, his/her response? Had that happened to me, I would have began a tirade against that vendor that would make even Rodney Rude blush...if it happened to me on a GOOD day.

Would love to see some pics as well and, further, did you go back to the vendor in question with those sticks? If so, his/her response? Had that happened to me, I would have began a tirade against that vendor that would make even Rodney Rude blush...if it happened to me on a GOOD day.
Yes I did return to the vendor and was shown a sign that read "NO RETURNS EXCHANGE ONLY".
He also informed me that his Cigars are the real deal.
Then asked me to leave his shop.

Yes I did return to the vendor and was shown a sign that read "NO RETURNS EXCHANGE ONLY".
Dave,

I received the tubos today in good condition. There do appear to be minute differences between the two. Right now, the only reference I have is a Romeo No.1 new-style tubo that was obtained in Spain. Against that specimen, I'm seeing a significant band variation. However, this variation appears in samples of authentic RyJ Short Churchills as well and may not be indicative of their being counterfeit. It has to do with the gold ink used over the emboss. The old style band used a grainy metallic pigment. Some of the recent bands use a yellow, smoother metallic ink which has finer particles in it. As far as I can tell from a cursory examination at 10X, the underlying printing appears to be the same across all three specimens. I'll pull out some other RyJ tubos and see what else I can find.

Remember, I have always advised that variations in emboss depth should never be used as evidence suggesting inauthenticity. Variations in emboss pattern or design, yes. Depth, no.

I have to say that it's not impossible that you did in fact buy genuine goods. However, the way you were treated was deplorable.

Wilkey

Dave,

I received the tubos today in good condition. There do appear to be minute differences between the two. Right now, the only reference I have is a Romeo No.1 new-style tubo that was obtained in Spain. Against that specimen, I'm seeing a significant band variation. However, this variation appears in samples of authentic RyJ Short Churchills as well and may not be indicative of their being counterfeit. It has to do with the gold ink used over the emboss. The old style band used a grainy metallic pigment. Some of the recent bands use a yellow, smoother metallic ink which has finer particles in it. As far as I can tell from a cursory examination at 10X, the underlying printing appears to be the same across all three specimens. I'll pull out some other RyJ tubos and see what else I can find.

Remember, I have always advised that variations in emboss depth should never be used as evidence suggesting inauthenticity. Variations in emboss pattern or design, yes. Depth, no.

I have to say that it's not impossible that you did in fact buy genuine goods. However, the way you were treated was deplorable.

Wilkey

Exactly. Totally inexcusable.

Dave,

Wilkey

Exactly. Totally inexcusable.

Welcome to Sydney

Home of Customer service

This is why(one of the reasons) I buy from the USA, Perth and now Melbourne.