• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Request for Pictures of Cuban Cigars

Kid Montana...get those Acids out of your wooden humidor. The oils that go into flavoring the Acids will be absorbed by the cedar in your humidor, thereby imparting the flavors of the Acids cigars into your non-flavored smokes. Best to store your Acids in a plastic humidor, plastic Ziploc, or plastic Tupperware container. The plastic may take on the scent of the oils, but will not absorb them. Always keep your flavored and non-flavored smokes seperated.

Also the Cohiba looks authentic. Triple cap is there and the band looks good. Sorry to read that it was a disappointing smoke.

Also...while your profile contains your info...it is just tradition/courtesy that new members post a hello. Does not take a lot of time, and is simple to do.

Bunch of slackers. I'm completely disappointed in all of you. Hasn't anyone noticed he joined today and hasn't even done the common courtesy Introduction thread on the forums. Slackers...you're all fired. Go back to your cages and lock yourself in. :sign:

If I were to post in the Intro thread it'd be redundant because I've put all that information in my profile. :)

Common courtesy imo, play by the cultural norms when you go somewhere new. The same thing could be said of your request (i.e., "I could link you to some pics of Cuban cigars but they are easy enough to find by using the search feature or google so why be redundant?)

Bunch of slackers. I'm completely disappointed in all of you. Hasn't anyone noticed he joined today and hasn't even done the common courtesy Introduction thread on the forums. Slackers...you're all fired. Go back to your cages and lock yourself in. :sign:

If I were to post in the Intro thread it'd be redundant because I've put all that information in my profile. :)

Common courtesy imo, play by the cultural norms when you go somewhere new. The same thing could be said of your request (i.e., "I could link you to some pics of Cuban cigars but they are easy enough to find by using the search feature or google so why be redundant?)

Damnit man, you cut to the heart of me. I've rectified my transgression post haste!

Also, I was in one of the local vendors perusing their wares today when I chanced upon a box of Montecristo Double Coronas. Except something seemed amiss which became clear once I opened nail secured lid. Inside I found the dollar ball seal and Habanos SA stickers, neatly resting on top of the parchment paper four language warning. The cigars had a rough dark wrapper, were not uniform length and the wrappers weren't even remotely even. As bad a box of fakes as I've seen yet.

The backs had peelable self adhesive for quick and easy application for all your forgery needs.

Also, I was in one of the local vendors perusing their wares today when I chanced upon a box of Montecristo Double Coronas. Except something seemed amiss which became clear once I opened nail secured lid. Inside I found the dollar ball seal and Habanos SA stickers, neatly resting on top of the parchment paper four language warning. The cigars had a rough dark wrapper, were not uniform length and the wrappers weren't even remotely even. As bad a box of fakes as I've seen yet.

Also, there is no regular release Monte DC. There was the EL in 2001, and a special humidor release last year. If you check that reference site a few others have linked to, you'll see it.

ETA: It's also safe to assume, if that shop has something like that, nothing there is real.

Not to be a wet blanket, but if I'm not mistaken it is still against the law for you to possess those cigars even though they are allowed to be sold on base. There may be some leeway for you guys because of the job you are doing but I don't know of any legal exemptions.

Procurement is the offense.

Yup, and it doesn't matter where you are in the world as long as you're still a US Citizen.

I remember when Governor Arnie came to Canada to visit Stephen Harper a while back there was a big uproar about him visiting a tobacconist in Ottawa and buying some Cubans...