• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reporting Fake Vendors

ThankYouForNotSmoking

Self-Proclaimed Everyman's Man
Well, a warning for one - Monti Cigars in Warsaw, a rather well established chain with shops in the 2 best hotels in the city as well as in the better shopping districts in the area, traffics in fake Cohibas. No Schmale clasp on their Esplendidos box and the varnishes on the boxes are way off correct Cohiba varnishing (not to mention none of the varnishes on their boxes match, at all, one's almost gray). I didn't even bother to check the tax stamp.

What's everyone's policy on this, report them or let them be? I thought about telling the hotel management, but the Monti stores are licensed Habanos dealers (unless their stickers are fake too), so maybe telling some Cuban higher up would be a better idea. What do you guys think?

Tell Frau Schmale she seems to be ontop of things....although putting a German onto a Polish maybe not such a good idea considering the last time....

Tell Frau Schmale she seems to be ontop of things....although putting a German onto a Polish maybe not such a good idea considering the last time....

Contact Habanos S.A.

And Frau Schmale wouldn't be a proper contact point regarding fake cigars Seavita, as you probably well know.

Contact Habanos S.A.

And Frau Schmale wouldn't be a proper contact point regarding fake cigars Seavita, as you probably well know.
'
But they have non-schmale clasps, according to him. It was also meant to be, albeit a weak one, attempt at some humor .

Thanks Wurm,

I wasn't so sure about contacting the Schmale woman either, that was only one of the signs of them being fakes. Luckily, I found another store with veritably real Cubans, for those who are interested, the only cigar store in Warsaw, Poland with real cigars is in the Arkadium mall on Jana Pawela Drugi. They actually have a better selection, everything from Jose L. Piedra to limited edition Cohibas they've been keeping. The prices really aren't bad, you can find cheaper online, but you can't actually buy singles online (I think).

Thanks again for the info, Wurm. I told the owner of the other cigar store also, I imagine he might benefit knowing that the other business in town (which has actually chained out to 5 locations in Warsaw) is selling fakes.

Frau Schmale is more interested in stopping the manufacturer of fake clasps than stopping the sale of fake cuban cigars, so she wouldn't be a good contact person.

Letting Habanos know so they can check into the matter would be your best bet.

Shawn

P.S. How was Poland BTW? I've been thinking of visiting someday.

Frau Schmale is more interested in stopping the manufacturer of fake clasps than stopping the sale of fake cuban cigars, so she wouldn't be a good contact person.

Shawn

She would probably have an interest in this affair. From here she could trace back (possibly) to a manufacturer. I'd let her decide. Even if she does not have an interest, I'm sure she could steer this in the proper direction!

my $.02

(good catch!)

I will be in Warsaw in October and this is good to know. Whats the name of the shop? Which hotels is Monti in the Bristol?

Thanks man

Shawn

She would probably have an interest in this affair. From here she could trace back (possibly) to a manufacturer. I'd let her decide. Even if she does not have an interest, I'm sure she could steer this in the proper direction!

my $.02

(good catch!)

I'll send her an email with the information, but thats all I can do.

Are there any decent reliable vendors in Poland at all?
I have family on the inlaws side liveing there and are pretty close,but they do not smoke.
Maybe I can work out something since I do the same for them on my end.
Recently grabbed an expensive digital camera from B&W Photo for them. :cool:

In the Arkadia mall there is one. But, a good online source is still much cheaper. I only buy cigars from there because it allows me to buy a variety whereas online means a box.

There's also some weird online store like 'Polski sklep cigarowy', but I wouldn't trust it for a second.