• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reformed Cohiba hater

atuck

ANEJORE
Some of you may know me as one who does not care for Cohibas. Well, I still don't like them fresh. But thanks to some good trades here and there I was able to pick up several aged Cohibas. In the last couple of days I have smoked a couple of these aged ones and found them to be fantastic.

I am now no longer disappointed that I am stuck with a bunch of Cohibas in my collection. I will no longer trade or give them away so freely. I will be content to let them sit and age for me to enjoy them in a couple of years. In the mean time I have plenty of aged ones from my trades to smoke now.

Cohiba Hater -- Reformed!! :laugh:

Wish I had known you were a Cohiba hater, I would have gladly taken those smokes off your hands. :)

This is exactly what I've seen to a smaller degree. About seven months ago, I bought a box of Partagas Shorts and a box of Monte #4's. Let them sit for a couple of weeks and tried one of each. They were....."flat" and not really enjoyable. I put them in the cooler and basically tried to forget about them, thinking I'd bought "dogs".

...fast forward seven months. Got a couple of each out and put 'em in my smoking humidor to smoke over the Christmas break from work; another try, if you will. To my pleasant surprise, even a few months have shown that these guys will turn around and really turn out great. Not that they don't have a ways to go yet, but it's clear to me now that any ISOM more than likely needs at least a year of down time to really show it's potential....two is probably better if you can keep yer hands off 'em... :laugh:

Cheers - B.B.S.