• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RASS

chino

Dang when these things are on, they are fantastic. However, I have noticed most have a preference for aged rass being better. I have found this is not always the case. Iv'e had some 05's that were just slamming out the box. And other 05's from different factories while a bit older were just awful. Which leads me to believe that this is a strange cigar with a time clock all its own.

Sorry for the ramblings. I'm just under a lihium spell.

P.s what the hell is up with that tobacco crater you see sometimes when you clip a rass??

jabba said:
Good because Zeebra and I just did an 05 box split.
[snapback]279003[/snapback]​

You haven't gotten your end yet. Maybe it's a Zeebra full-box? :)

I'm smoking an '04 as we speak.....very nice ;)

I have some RASS in my humi right now, but I'm trying to age them. I love them, but I think patience will be rewarded.

The RASS is truly an all-time classic; a must have at all times. I've really enjoyed this cigar and I'll go against the grain here, but I only smoke them when aged. What I have done though is buy a few boxes, take one and open it right away, and put the others away to age. I'll smoke one right after they settle, then smoke another every couple of months just to see how they are developing. I know some people like them young and the sick period of course varies.

I'll tell you what I've experienced on the other end of the extreme, with RAG's -- mid to late 90's, etc. I'll smoke a few young, just to try. Then they will hit a phase where they are truly unsmokable; ammonia taste, bad burn, very paper-ie. I won't touch them and will put them away for 2 to 4 years. What an incredible smoke. These things develop a body and complexity that is just great.

Anyway, smoke them when you like them. Enjoy.

Eric

I have found that younger then 6 months they are pretty good. But from 6 months to a year stay away from them. After a year they become some of the best smokes out there especially for about 5 bucks a pop.