• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Lonsdale Review

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Lonsdale

I just had my first Rafael Gonzalez cigar, and it was quite a flavor journey!

Construction and Burn: The construction on this cigar is solid. It has a great draw and burns evenly throughout. I’d say it’s a medium-bodied smoke, making it just right for those fall afternoons when you want something satisfying but not too heavy. More into why I'm saying this shortly...

Flavor Journey: Right from the beginning, I got notes of leather, but then it quickly shifted to a mix of raisin and plum with a touch of cedar. The room note, something I don’t usually pay much attention to when it comes to cigars, was actually quite interesting. It smelled like a bakery full of fall treats in the distance, which really added to the overall enjoyment of this cigar. Definitely unique.

Mid-Smoke: As I kept smoking, the flavors deepened into some classic fall spices. Nutmeg, more raisin, and a hint of cinnamon came through. Some buttery/creaminess as well. It reminded me of a slice of sweet autumn bread. The aroma remained sweet throughout with that background hint of cedar.

Ending Notes: Towards the end, I noticed flavors of toasted marshmallow and a bit of dried coconut. It really was like a fall dessert in cigar form.

Overall Thoughts: The Rafael Gonzalez is a sweet and flavorful cigar that’s perfect for fall. I was not looking for a "fall cigar", nor did I expect to write a review like this, however this cigar truly is reminiscent of your traditional fall flavors with an interestingly sweet and pleasant aroma.

If you want to try something different, I highly recommend this cigar. I'll definitely be keeping these on hand.

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

What a nice review. Big fan of this marca. The PE have been a staple for years but have not tried this newer vitola. Thanks!

Funny enough I picked up a few in this vitola in Amsterdam to try, and I wish I got a lot more