• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RA Gigante

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
Last night at our weekly C'ville Herf I smoked a RA Gigante. I got this out of the Charlottesville Pass and do not know the Box Code.

The construction was wonderful. No significant veins; perfect three-flag-cap. The the prelight draw was a little on the tight side, but it did open up a bit once lit.

The initial flavor I detected was straight cedar that went on forever. The burn was perfect and this vitola produced a fair amount of smoke with the body being mild to medium. The grey-white ash was very firm. After about the half-way point, the cigar picked up a bit more strength and sweetened a bit.

The final 2 inches or so was dissappointing as it became warm and relatively harsh; I put it down at that point.

Overall it was an interesting smoke that was quite different from the other RAs that I have smoked (RASS, RASCC).

Overall, it was enjoyable, but I can't see myself seeking out more of these anytime soon.

I am interested in seeing what others think of this cigar.

Patrick

Very nice review, Patrick. :thumbs: I've got one of these in the humi...hmmmmm, maybe a poker smoke? I look forward to smoking it so that I can do a comparison.

I've been pretty disappointed with this cigar myself. Even the '98s were ho-hum at best.