• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

R&J Cedros Delux No.2

AKmik

Good afternoon all.

I am having myself a lazy afternoon. I sipping some black label and relaxing in the shop about halfway through a R&J Cedros Delux No.2. I am not sure how many of you have tried these mid priced little sweeties but they are nice smokes . I have been jumping back and forth between these and Cohiba Siglo II's and am still having a tough time deciding which one I like best,I do prefer the easier draw of the Cohiba but the R&J may have the flavor edge. This is about #12 out of the box and I think I will be getting another pretty soon. My only complaint so far is I had two that were extremely tight, after cutting and a pre light test draw I waved off on both and returned them to the humidore, nothing pisses me off more than trying to smoke a plugged cigar so instead to ruining my smoke I just grab another and delay dealing with the bad seeds of the box. Anyone else have this problem ? this is a sep 05 box.

Anyway if you are a R&J fan and have been looking for a smaller taste from them these may be worth a look. The plan was to be out here in the shop working on a pair of knives today, but after about an hour on the forum I decided to pour a drink and have a smoke(bad influence? :whistling: ). The drink pretty much puts the brakes on the work out here so it will be a relaxing afternoon, maby I'll sweep up some saw dust and call it good.

Good afternoon gents.

I had a similar problem with some Cohibas and I found that they loosen up when I dropped the humidity. I keep some R&J at about 60% and they, along with some Montecristos, some fine now. It may be a humi problem. Good luck. :thumbs:

I've had a couple of these Mike, and I agree. Nice smoke, especially with a little time in the humi. Not the strongest choice, but that's ok. My last one was this past summer sitting on the beach in Homer watching the charters coming back in. Nice smoke, and i've toyed with getting more but just never have. Might be a good choice for out on the boat this summer!

Good afternoon all.

I am having myself a lazy afternoon. I sipping some black label and relaxing in the shop about halfway through a R&J Cedros Delux No.2. I am not sure how many of you have tried these mid priced little sweeties but they are nice smokes . I have been jumping back and forth between these and Cohiba Siglo II's and am still having a tough time deciding which one I like best,I do prefer the easier draw of the Cohiba but the R&J may have the flavor edge. This is about #12 out of the box and I think I will be getting another pretty soon. My only complaint so far is I had two that were extremely tight, after cutting and a pre light test draw I waved off on both and returned them to the humidore, nothing pisses me off more than trying to smoke a plugged cigar so instead to ruining my smoke I just grab another and delay dealing with the bad seeds of the box. Anyone else have this problem ? this is a sep 05 box.

Anyway if you are a R&J fan and have been looking for a smaller taste from them these may be worth a look. The plan was to be out here in the shop working on a pair of knives today, but after about an hour on the forum I decided to pour a drink and have a smoke(bad influence? :whistling: ). The drink pretty much puts the brakes on the work out here so it will be a relaxing afternoon, maby I'll sweep up some saw dust and call it good.

Good afternoon gents.

Always have these in the humi!!! Love em' and they do only get better and better with age.