• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quintero y Hermano

BrewMeister

The Titus Pullo of CP

Hello all,

I'm tempted to try some Quinteros. Trying to decide between these two (or any other vitola that might be out there):
The Londres Extra which is 4 7/8" x 40 and the Brevas is a 5 3/8" x 42.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, both of these are a machined gathered, hand finished cigar. Link.

Just wondering if there is any major difference in the flavor profile between vitolas? Any likes / dislikes comments appreciated.
TIA
quintero.jpg

Have not tried the Londres, but I am rather fond of the Brevas. One of the best values in cigars out there. These are ugly smokes- yet they pack a great punch for the price. I just ordered another box of these this morning.

Roger what SLC said. I enjoy the Brevas and generally prefer them over the Jose L. Piedras. Though I've not had the Londres, most likely there will be very little difference between the two.

I believe they are constructed using totally by hand using the "rubber sheet" method for bunching.

Wilkey

Roger what SLC said. I enjoy the Brevas and generally prefer them over the Jose L. Piedras. Though I've not had the Londres, most likely there will be very little difference between the two.

I believe they are constructed using totally by hand using the "rubber sheet" method for bunching.

Wilkey

I was under the impression that they were maching bunched. An online retailer has this on their website. Nice $3 smoke!

"Medium to strong flavour - machine made and hand finished. It's not a expensive cigar but not easy to find. This cigar is really apreciate for some smokers. Some will ove it, other may not."

Wilkey

I was under the impression that they were maching bunched. An online retailer has this on their website. Nice $3 smoke!

"Medium to strong flavour - machine made and hand finished. It's not a expensive cigar but not easy to find. This cigar is really apreciate for some smokers. Some will ove it, other may not."

What's 'ove' got to do with it?

Wilkey

What's 'ove' got to do with it?

Hey, man, I just quoted the guy.
Who needs a Breva when a Breva can be broken?

Awesome cigar for the money, I picked up a box in March for $23.75CUC at the Plaza America store in Varadero, they have like 100 boxes, I should of grabbed them all for that price.

Good question Brew Meister, I'm not familiar with these smokes but was wondering the same thing. I have a bunch of Jose L. Piedras that I smoke occasionally when I don't want to smoke one of my more expensive Habanos. I also have some Fonseca Delicias as well for the same purpose. Can anyone comment on how these stack up to Fonsecas? By the way, if anyone has a few Quintero y Hermanos that you would like to trade for some JLP's, I'm your man. ;)