• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about the bands

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil
I picked up a cabinet of Bolivar PC's recently from a reputable cigar retailer. I pulled up a few sites as to what I should check for - stickers, box markings, etc., and everything seemed to check out. Most of what I was checking for I found on cigarnexus.

So, I pull out one to smoke, and when I;m done, I pull off the band. Now, on the back of the band is a marking in pen. It looks like someone initialed it. Now, I've had ISOMs before, but this is the first time I've bought a box. If it makes any difference, the cigar that I smoked was the front row center cigar.

I keep meaning to take a pic of it and post it up here. But now that I've started the thread, it'll force me to do so when i get home tonight. But, until then, is this something normal?

I wouldn't worry about it if the vendor is reputable, and they smoke nicely. Could be the vendor doing that when they check them. A lot of vendors open boxes to inspect the sticks before they are shipped.

Ok...got a pic of the back of the band...

151_5109.jpg

Thoughts?

Edit: The box was still completely sealed when I got it.

Maybe you won the the $1000 Peso promotion Bolivar was having this year. Take it to your nearest customs agent to redeem. :laugh:

I bet it's some sort of inspection signature from where the bands were printed. I assume every now and then someone checks the printer and they probably sign off on one of sheets of bands and you just happened to get that one.

You won a free tour of the Willy Wonka Cigar factory. Avoid the Blueberry blunts!

Let me see ...

ץלצ

Both hebrew and arabic are very similar

٢ک٤

and if the product came from a source in the middle east someplace I don't think a marking like this would be too unusual.

Oh by the way translated it means...

EAT AT JOE'S

Actually after taking a closer look it could also be some kind of alpha acronym YGS

Yah that's it

YOU GOT STIFFED...

JK