• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about factory date codes

kro77

Hi Everyone,

I just read the pinned thread about the factory and date codes. I was wondering how strickly do the cubans adhere to the factory code to the observed brand. Is it based on observations or more concrete info. Is it possible for say Cohibas to come from Factory Code ECA (Specified as H. Upmann). Just trying to understand how to decode these things better or say an H. Upmann box coming with the GKI code?

Thanks for any input that can be offered

- K

Factory codes mean very little anymore. They change them on an almost monthly basis so what was the "Partgas" factory last month may be the "H. Upmann" factory next month. They do not want people to get cigars from one particular factory and then avoid others.

i.e. Say I got some cigars from the GKI factory. They were absolutely perfect. Now, I keep my eye out for boxes from GKI because I want the same quality. They change the factory codes so often so I can't depend on them as an indicator of quality.

Ahhh, I see now. Thank you for the info. I thought it was a hard and fast rule.

- k