• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about a couple of cigars

cigardawg

Curious about these two cigars. They don't seem to hit the radar very much. Done some research around the web and gathered what reviews I could, but am interested in what folks here on the board think about them. Any information, opinions, etc. would be appreciated. :D

The Presidentes are a really nice cigar. Unique in shape and flavor for Partagas. I'm not much of a Partagas fan but these exhibit none of the signature zip or spice the marca is famous for. I've only had '99 vintage but they were exceedingly smooth and flavorful if a bit on the mild side. Like a Fonseca with flavor :p

Never had the ERDM.

Interesting to note lucasbuck's opinion. I also am not a great fan of the Partagas line because, IMO, of it's zipless, bland taste. The two exceptions for me are the PSD4s, which I think are outstanding, and the Presidentes, which seem to have a very distibctive flavor with some oomph.

I have only had a few ERDM Gran Coronas and found them to be real lightweights, even for this line. Choix Supremes and Tainos are the way to go here.

YMMV

melski said:
Interesting to note lucasbuck's opinion. I also am not a great fan of the Partagas line because, IMO, of it's zipless, bland taste. The two exceptions for me are the PSD4s, which I think are outstanding, and the Presidentes, which seem to have a very distibctive flavor with some oomph.

I have only had a few ERDM Gran Coronas and found them to be real lightweights, even for this line. Choix Supremes and Tainos are the way to go here.

YMMV
[snapback]192817[/snapback]​
And I see Partagas different from Mel... I find a ton oz zip in the Shorts, and the Lusi's sublime with a few years. Too each their own.

YMMV

lucasbuck, melski, emo...thanks for the comments, opinions, and info. It is much appreciated. I listed these cigars for a couple of reasons.

The Partagas Presidente primarily because of the shape. I think the perfecto is quite possibly my favorite shape and I was very curious about this particular cigar. I really like the PSD 4s and have had both fantastic lusis and very flat ones (inconsistent cigar IMO). The perfecto intrigued me and my online searches found reviews that called everything from subtle to animalistic and primeval.

The ERDM Gran Corona was due to various reviews in CA. This particular cigar has been rated very high in the corona gorda category (one that I am looking to explore). I had seen opinions of SLR Serie A, JL Sel 1, HdM Epi No 1, and even RG CEs on the board...never the ERDM. So, thought I would ask.

Thanks again for the info. :)

Dawg.....did ya ever pull the trigger on a box of these?!

I've smoked a couple over the holidays (from 2004) and they are a pretty decent cigar. Medium bodied, I'd say. Not overpowering in the least. Good flavor. (In fact, I've got onein my car now I'm fixin' to burn in a bit!!! :p )

Anyway, let me know if you're still in need. I may have a friend of a friend who can hook ya up! ;)

Floyd T. :sign:

SKYDIVNEKD said:
Dawg.....did ya ever pull the trigger on a box of these?!

I've smoked a couple over the holidays (from 2004) and they are a pretty decent cigar. Medium bodied, I'd say. Not overpowering in the least. Good flavor. (In fact, I've got onein my car now I'm fixin' to burn in a bit!!! :p )

Anyway, let me know if you're still in need. I may have a friend of a friend who can hook ya up! ;)

Floyd T. :sign:
[snapback]272675[/snapback]​

I did a box-split on the ERDM Gran Coronas. I believe the box is from '00. Pretty uninteresting smoke to be honest. I prefer the PC much better.

As for the Presidentes, I smoke a couple and decided not to pull the trigger. They seemed much more bitter than the other Partys that I tend to smoke (I smoke more Partys than any other Habanos). For the price, I'd rather have the Serie du Conn no. 2 or the Lonsdale. Much more interesting and pleasurable smoke.

To me, the Party Presidentes are similar to the Cuaba line. Relatively mild, woody, and sometimes fairly tannic/bitter.

The Partagas President is one of the worst constructed cigars that Cuba produces. I would stay away from them.