• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PUNCH Royal Selection N°12

Rconectn

King of Scotland
How are these smoking now? I'm contemplating on cracking open my cab from '99, but if general census says they are not ready I'll let them keep on resting.

Rconectn

opened a box of rs#12's from '01 this year...have had 2 or 3...still smoking young at 6 years.
as strong as any punch cigar i have tried(tongue numbing strength)...true complexity is starting to show...very very tasty. but this is still a young cigar with less than perfect burn and flavour/strength a bit out of balance.

99's may be ready...try and find out...my guess is no less than 8 to 10 years before they attain greatness(never the less a fine smoke now).

derrek

I was just flipping through a CA issue, the Cuba one I believe, and this cigar got an 81 rating. Not sure if folks put much stock in their ratings, but I found that very low and disconcerting.

I have ZERO faith in CA and their rating system. No way to know for sure till you try one buddy.

Enjoy them Christian!!!

I have hit a box of Feb '07's pretty hard lately and about 1/2 are good, mid 80's on my scale, the others were not smoking very well at all. I know they are young, but they were cheap and just the right size. They will now be shelved for a while, but if they are still smoking young at 6 years, then they are just going to be smoked young.

A SLB of 2003 is smoking with great potential. Still pretty young but just loaded with flavor and complexities. Enjoyable now but a tease of things to come.

Wilkey

I was just flipping through a CA issue, the Cuba one I believe, and this cigar got an 81 rating. Not sure if folks put much stock in their ratings, but I found that very low and disconcerting.
Remember, they smoke new stock. I'd imagine these are not exactly friendly upon release. But then I've not tried a 2006 vintage of this vitola.

Wilkey

I have ZERO faith in CA and their rating system. No way to know for sure till you try one buddy.

Enjoy them Christian!!!

I agree with you Doc, CA has zero credibility in my book. As far as smoking one of those Punch's, I can't wait to try one Doc. I'm patiently waiting....