• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Coronations

DirtyDave

Newbie Dirtball
Hi Everyone,

I had an acquaintance recently get some Punch Coronation tubos and the tubes were green instead of the usual silver. Does anyone know if there was a change, or should he be worried?

I checked on Habanos SA and I didn't see a change noted, nor on cubancigarwebsite.com. Thought I'd check if anybody here had a similar experience or any more info.

Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

I had an acquaintance recently get some Punch Coronation tubos and the tubes were green instead of the usual silver. Does anyone know if there was a change, or should he be worried?

I checked on Habanos SA and I didn't see a change noted, nor on cubancigarwebsite.com. Thought I'd check if anybody here had a similar experience or any more info.

Thank you.

Photo's please.

But it doesn't sound off.

What's the box code?

Thanks for the quick response Gary! I'm not sure about the information you're asking about. I'll see if I can get it and report back.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you.

green as in solid green, or silver with green lettering?

cheers
drew p

I have not heard back from my previous inquiry, but my understanding is that the tube itself is green, not just the lettering.

Thanks again.

I haven't heard back from him so I'm going to assume that he is not terribly concerned. I appreciate everyone's help and I'll update you if I learn anything new.

Ok, I have an update. The box code for the sticks in question is SOA NOV 08. He said that apart from the color difference, instead of Coronation it says Coronations on the tubes. He is working with the source to get to the bottom of this and has agreed to keep me posted of any updates. To my knowledge, the source was very concerned as well and has offered to help to the full extent of their ability.

Edit: Pics now available.
gallery_10237_1221_18948.jpg

gallery_10237_1221_4085.jpg

One more piece to the puzzle that I was just informed of. The source checked with their distributor and they have no record of a box matching that box code. They are going through their records again but it is very odd that something like this would slip in.

Anyway, things seem to be progressing to a resolution.