• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Psd4 experience

MNBrian

So I bought a few boxes of PSD4 and I made the rookie mistake of trying one out of the box. It tasted good, but not near as full or smooth as the monte 2 counterpart. So I put the partagas in the humi for a week and kept smoking the number twos and when I pulled out another psd4 it was still about the same.

Just tried my third from the box after a month in the humi and its like a completely different cigar. Way more along the lines of the other isoms I've tried and really rich and yummy.

Is this par for the course for psd4? I bought them based on everyone's recommendations around the blog and where at first I thought you all were nuts, I'm seeing the light!

What box code did you get?

PSD4's aren't Monte #2's....very different smokes.  Give them a few months, try again.  They may not be your thing.

I meant Cuban counterpart with no relation other than growing origin. Bad choice of words.

Then again, those two smokes represents my whole knowledge of isoms.

I guess the montes tasting so good out of the box surprised me. And the psd4 not tasting so good out of the box confused me.

I'll wait a few months and try again.

Welcome to the club! While the PSD4 benefits from aging, they're pretty good with only a year or two.

I remember my first was a gift on a beautiful day at Twin Shoppes in South Philly. We sat on the bench outside and soaked up that funky South Philly vibe.

I'm the opposite. I think Monte No.2's are just ok, but PSD4's are fantastic.

Been a while since I've had either so maybe something with them has changed.

I like them all, don't know that I can choose PS4 over the Monte