• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PSD 4 or RASS

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
I really have a hard time deciding between these to cigars. Which do you prefer? Those PSD 4 are soooo yummy all the way down to the nub, so are the RASS but the last couple I have smoked were rolled tight and really hard to draw. I almost cry when I have to throw away an 6-10 dollar cigar.

I think the RASS and the PSD4 have simlar qualities. whats your thought?

Rich

I rate them about equal. It's really hard to choose between the two for me. The RASS are sooooo smooth and creamy. The PSD4s are great young. If I had to choose I would probably go for the RASS. Or the PSD4. Hell, just get both! :p

These are both great cigars. The RASS are one of the smoothest cigars out there, but I don't particularly think they are very good when young. You can really taste the "green" in them.

The PSD4 is a "chocolate-bomb"...lots of great cocoa flavors. Very good fresh, even better as it gets older. Other than being a very good cigar, I don't really see many similarities between it and the RASS.

It's close, but I have to go with the PSD4 by a nose. :D

I agree PSD 4 is the winner.

However, I must tell you I like Monti #4 better than the ones mentioned.
I got a box few weeks ago and I just smoke one and I must tell you it is tasty cigars. Box date Dec 04. Also, they are cheaper in price as well. They are a bit smaller but they do the job.

Overall, I do not think you can make a mistake with the cigars mentioned.

GKR.

cigardawg have you smoked an 04 rass? They were smoking great out of the box. If that is a little green then I can't wait for another year to pass by.

I have a handfull of RASS now dated 2002, Thet aree pretty tasty.

Rich

None of the above. I'm not a big fan of either of these. Now that's NOT to say I would refuse one if it were given to me.

But if you insist that it has to be one or the other, go with the RASS. Overall, I like the taste of an RA over a Partagas pretty much across the board.

I have my top five brands listed in my profile (I think ??? ) but here goes:

Saint Luis Rey
San Cristobal de la Habana
Vegas Robaina
Ramon Allones
Punch

IN THAT ORDER :thumbs:
While these are my top five, I generally DO NOT like SLR Regios or RASS but since they are those brands, I still like them but not as much as any other vitola those brands offer.

I also like:
Quai d'Orsay
H. Upmann

My favorite vitolas are Corona Gordas - 5 5/8 x 46 (SLR Serie A, H. Upmann Magnum 46, H. Upmann Super Coronas, Rafael Gonzales Coronas Extra, Punch Punch & Punch SS#2) and Minuto 4 3/8 x 42 (RASCC, SC El Principe).

While robustos/hermosos No. 4 are generally not one of my preferred vitolas, I like SC La Fuerza & VR Famosos (okay the La Fuerza is technically a "Gorditos" which is 5 1/2 x 50, so it's pretty much tossed in the "robusto" class).

I also enjoy an occasional Double Corona or Prominentes - 7 5/8 x 49 and my favorites there are, SLR DC, VR Don Alejandro & RAG.

My favorite Qd'O is the Gran Corona which is a Corona Grandes - 6 1/8 x 42 and I also like a certain HdM Le Hoyo series which shall remain nameless ( I gotta have SOME secrets :laugh: )

Never mind all that, ANY Havana is a GREAT cigar :thumbs:

Although I like the RASS and have a few in the desktop humi, I'm on my second box of PSD4 and just ordered another while another box is sitting for aging. Guess which one I prefer.

For a robusto, you may also want to try the Vegas Robaino Famosos. I've never had any problems with these cigars. Construction is top notch, medium bodied, and flavors are consistent throughout the smoke. Creamy with hints of coffee and a slight earthy aftertaste.

Great King Rat said:
I agree PSD 4 is the winner.
[snapback]208263[/snapback]​
Really??? How did it taste? Did it have a good burn and draw? How would you compare it to a Montcristo #4?

Great King Rat said:
I got a box few weeks ago and I just smoke one and I must tell you it is tasty cigars.
[snapback]208263[/snapback]​
Yeah, letting cigars rest a while after you receive them is a good idea. I would let them rest at least three or four weeks. Must have been hard to wait until you had that first one. Exactly how long is a 'few weeks'? Was the one you smoked Ok or do you think you will have to let them age a little more time?

PSD 4 is the winner in terms of flavor when they are fresh out of the box vs. the RASS

As far taste delta goes I have to say Monti #4 is nuttier and creamier than both mentioned above. Have never had an isom that had bad draw or burn. Than again I only have been smoking isoms for less than 1 year.

It is though to let cigars sit a while. However, in my case I already had some in my humi. I think 3 to 4 weeks is enough to let the gars acclimate to your humidor and to recove from their long journey. I had to try one because you never know how the new batch compares with the old.

I try not to discriminate against cigars that are not aged. I will let them sit in my humi for 2 weeks before I jump in though.

GKR

I like the RASS more than the PSD #4. The RASS clearly has a stronger taste, while the PSD might be more complex and mild. I guess it's a good example of matter of taste :) Both are great cigars :thumbs: