• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Problem with Pucnch Churchills

srnadel

I asked this on another forum, but thought I'd get a few more opinions.

I got a few boxes of Punch Churchill's from '00 and '01. Long story short...they aren't good. They burn well, but are flavorless. Does anyone have any experience with these cigars from those years?

I got a few boxes of Punch Churchill's from '00 and '01. Long story short...they aren't good. They burn well, but are flavorless. Does anyone have any experience with these cigars from those years?

The one or two I have tried were plugged so bad my ex girlfriend couldn't get a draw on it.

The one or two I have tried were plugged so bad my ex girlfriend couldn't get a draw on it.

That's why she's an 'ex'!!!

As for the quetion...yes, I've seen that.

Yea OP, I have seen this too. Cigars from 00 and the first part of 01 are notorious for being bad. Part of 99 too.

That was the time that they were maxing out cigar production and experimenting with that aweful Habanos 2000 leaf. They have since cut production, improved blends, got rid of that Habanos 2000 leaf, improved quality control, etc. At the end of the boom, it was only about shoving as many cigars out the door, whether the tobacco was ready or not. And the Apex was from 99-01.

Incidentally, I found the best flavor and consistancy for Habanos coming from 05 till now.