• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranga.....Panatela's....?

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Greetings to the group -

Recently I found some Por Larranga "Panatelas". These are 5 X 37, where the more familiar PL Petite Corona's are 5 X 42's. I sure like the PLPC's but can't seem to ever find any, recent box split aside.... :whistling:

Anyone have any experience or comments on the Panatalas, good or bad....??

Thanks in advance - B.B.S.

alexgtp said:
Not as flavorful as the PC's
[snapback]219426[/snapback]​
Thanks, Alex...since I really like great flavors of the PLPC's, would you say I'd be "dissapointed" with the panatalas....??

Regards - B.B.S.

Recently had some of each size and really enjoyed both. IMO, you wouldn't be disappointed, but everybody's tastes are different.

not bad..for a panatel.. but the few i had seemed to have tought draws. I do not like tough draws..

i have only had Cohiba Panatela's. I enjoy them alot (4" x 26), but agree the burn can be plugged.

I don't know about the Panatela but the '98 PC I just finished was fantastic! :p

Thanks for the comments, guys. Think I'll pass on the panatalas and hope more of those sweet PC's show up someday.....somewhere......sometime..... :whistling:

Seriously, should any of you guys bump into a cab / box, let me know and a split is a done deal.... :thumbs:

Thanks again - B.B.S.

Maybe we can get PG to do another box split with us? I also like the PLs better than the Cohibas.

The PL line went from machine made to hand made in 2003. I had a box of 1998 Panetelas that were absolutely sublime... nutty, lots of twang and that signature caramel backdrop that PL is known for. Then I ordered a box of HM 2003 panetelas, and they were okay, not outstanding but not a bad cigar either. I prefer the pre 2003 for flavor, but the 2003+ are rolled better and look better, they just don't taste as good.

The panetela size in general is getting more and more alluring to me, as are most of the smaller ring cuban cigars. They seem to have a more intense flavor profile, and they general burn quite well as long as you smoke them a little more leisurely. They tend to get to hot if you smoke them too fast.

Panatelas are a great size if they are constructed properly. The wrapper to filler ratio is what gives them their intense flavor. A friend of mine had a bunch of the PL's and the ones I smoked were great. They were pre 98 so I have no idea what the new ones taste like.