• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Petit Edmundo

dallascajun

A co-worker of mine from Windsor, sent me these pic's asking if these are genuine. I figured I would post and get your comments. What do you think?

gallery_5672_421_49771.jpg

gallery_5672_421_65823.jpg

Not much to work with there. The short answer is a definite maybe.

Did he get them in Windsor? There is an LCDH there, amoung other cigar stores that sell Cuban cigars.

Not sure where he got them, our remote office is located in Windsor. I will try to get more info. I would think if he bought them there, they would have the bands on. But what do I know about that kind of stuff.

If you can find out which shop he got them from, I could give you a good indication if they are good or not.

The one on the right looks the best, it has a nice cap from what I can see. Let them sit for a while and then try them.

C&R

Yeah, a definate maybe. I've been through two boxes now (and love them) and it look about right in size and rustic quality. However, the wrapper looks rosado in color and both boxes were both very dull brown in color. Of course, this could certainly be contributed to the flash or camera. These taste VERY "Montecristo" so flavor would really be the only real proof. What happened to the band? The Windsor/Detroit border police have to be some of the most laid back in the entire border. I hope he didn't remove them to get them through.

The foot of the cigar on the left appears to be cut at a weird angle, although it could simply be the perspective of the photo.

Nfulton, I think you might be on to something about the bands. THe only thing I have noticed different is the foot not all being cut the same. Othere than that the lot looks the same. The color, length, ring, caps, no heavy veins, even looking at the foot of each the leaves seem to be rolled the same. Does the foot being cut at an odd angle on some, cause any concern? I guess the next step would be to taste a sampling. I haven't been able to find out where he got them from yet.

If he got them from LCDH I wouldn't worry, you can guarantee they will be good. The same for Ray & Kim's Super Convenience. Ray owns both, the store and LCDH.

Smoke 'em, best way to tell. Fakes taste like crap. But, I would think that the Petit Edmundo would not be the choice for counterfeiters. Usually a more common cigar like the Monte # 2 or Cohibas.

My co-worker sent me one of these so I could try out. Well it looked like whats in the pictures. Ring size 52 and about 4 3/8" long, the wrapper had very few small veins. I light it up and took a draw WOW all I can say is WOW. Very easy to draw with lots of gray smoke. The ash broke off about half way thru. The stick burned pretty even. This is a know you on your heels smoke with cocoa and spice all the way thru. I was really impressed with this smoke, I think better than the MC #2. Better than I expected, I can see why Cigar Afficionado gave this stick the highest rating this year. I will have to get my hands on a box or 2. This is an excellent 30 minute smoke.

although i dont see why this was the highest rated cigar of the year, i do agree that they are great smokes. i know very many guys who have this as there everyday go-to smoke. they do have great toasted tobacco flavor and i have noticed that when smoked slowly they have a richness that i dont find in the smaller monte vitolas.

not sure what the aging potential is here. where is this cigar going to go? perhaps after a few years they will mature and become more complex, but i dont ever expect that these will be hard to find.

I haven't seen the mst recent issue of CA...is the Petit Edmundo #1?

The bos I have is perfect construction. And I do mean perfect. The flavor still needs time to develop however.

My co-worker sent me one of these so I could try out. Well it looked like whats in the pictures. Ring size 52 and about 4 3/8" long, the wrapper had very few small veins. I light it up and took a draw WOW all I can say is WOW. Very easy to draw with lots of gray smoke. The ash broke off about half way thru. The stick burned pretty even. This is a know you on your heels smoke with cocoa and spice all the way thru. I was really impressed with this smoke, I think better than the MC #2. Better than I expected, I can see why Cigar Afficionado gave this stick the highest rating this year. I will have to get my hands on a box or 2. This is an excellent 30 minute smoke.

Glad this worked out. The Petit Edmundo is a very nice smoke. :thumbs: