• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Partagas Salomones" Dissect

drewyehboi

This is one of a pair of Partagas Salomones that was given to me and boasted to be a 100% authentic. I smoked one, enjoyed the smoke. However, since I'm potentially going to buy with this particular person, I was curious as to what you guys thought about both the band and the cigar construction. I've never dissected any cigar before so I wasn't 100% how to do it. Regardless, I figured cutting down one side and then pulling apart wouldn't be a bad way to start. I usually go to youtube to watch someone do something when I don't know how, however, I didn't see any tutorials. Any help, suggestions, or comments about the cigar or the construction are appreciated.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10283]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10282]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10281]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10280]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10277]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10287]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10286]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10284]

I dont know much, but thats basically how I cut apart one that I had done a few weeks ago. Im not sure there is a wrong way to do it. Your pics look just like myn lol and the members were able to give me feedback based on my pics. If anything yours are a bit nicer. Good job. They will all tell you here like they did me, If you enjoyed it....thats all that matters.

First, I don't know if I'm suppose to answer this because you're new and not established. I think I can because were not discussing sources or buying or selling. If I'm wrong I apologize to the community.

I just checked my Humidor and I'm out of these, but they don't look right. I believe all of thes have two bands, not one. Also, it's too short. That's just at a glance.

Completely a NEWB here, and have no idea what im talking about, but the insides looked a little off to me. ONCE AGAIN where I come up with this? who the hell knows LOL

Because I didn't know either I looked,on CA. They show only one band and call it a double perfecto. And now, back to our current programming.

Since you guys are pretty new here, I'll give you some advice.

If for any reason, you're unsure about your source or cigar, please do not hesitate to click on this link and ask as many questions as your heart desires

Two legit posts on the board (not counting the intro), and both are "Is this CC real?"...

Welcome to Cigar Pass.  SMPL.

name="Pugman1943" post="1126212" timestamp="1360807393"]
Because I didn't know either I looked,on CA. They show only one band and call it a double perfecto. And now, back to our current programming.[/quote]

I've had a couple of boxes of Salamone's. I think they were made especially for La Casa Del Habano and they also had a second band., it's closer to the Presidente, but still not right.

NASTY said:
Since you guys are pretty new here, I'll give you some advice.

If for any reason, you're unsure about your source or cigar, please do not hesitate to click on this link and ask as many questions as your heart desires

Now thats funny!

Thanks pugman, I'll take a look at CA and see if I see it. And I'd noticed that most Salomones did come with dual bands, so it's good to know this is a possibility although a low probability. And NASTY, the only question I have for grateful1 is who talked the girl into wearing that top in public. They deserve a medal.

I enjoy speculating about validity, I find the makeup and the things that make a cigar good or bad interesting.

Ya, it doesn't look very legit to me. Although, it was a good smoke. I've been politely informed that its bad form to start talking cigars as soon as I join the forum. I'll work towards something else eventually. I don't plan on going anywhere, and last night I did another dissect which I will probably wait a few days to share with everyone. Thanks for everyones input.

How is someone kind of your wife?

It's not bad form to discuss cigars. That's what we're here for. It's bad form to immediately start looking for answers to real/fake. This community has a lot of knowledge. A lot of people show up, ask their question, leave. Stick around, and you'll learn a lot.

I understand what you mean. Its funny that I have been browsing the threads in the forums for weeks now, so I sort of feel like I know some of the people here. However, I will continue to make an effort for everyone to get to know me. Thanks for the input.

tomthirtysix said:
It's not bad form to discuss cigars. That's what we're here for. It's bad form to immediately start looking for answers to real/fake. This community has a lot of knowledge. A lot of people show up, ask their question, leave. Stick around, and you'll learn a lot.

Rod, can we please get an IP trace?