• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Charlottes

CalixEros

Big Building Builder
Has anybody had the Partagas Charlottes before? I'm thinking of getting a box for those times when I don't really have time for a full size cigar. I've never had a Cuban Partagas I didn't like; I just wanted to see who else has had these.

First time I bought these I was able to score some from the mid 90's. Great cigar with a one dimensional Partagas spice. Only problem with later versions is construction. I would make sure your tobacconist is willing to give you a money back guarantee if you are not happy with them. I would recommend cutting 6-10 when you first get them to see if there are any plugged ones.

I asked about this cigar some time ago on another board and the ansewr I got led me to believe that it did not offer anything over and above the Partagas Short. That said, I have still not given these a spin.

Haven't smoked a lot of these but the few I've smoked have been very nice.

about 2 years ago i puffed through a '98 box of Charlottes...very strong and very partagas...smoke them slow as they heat up fast and dont recover(if you do overheat them)so please dont think of these as a "quicky"smoke.enjoyed them very much...an equally enjoyable alternative would be bolivar bonitas.

derrek :)

Well it sounds like I may pull the trigger on these and see how they are. If you see 5'ers for sale in a few weeks you'll know I didn't like them!

These look an awful lot like the Partagas SdC No.3. Even the same Carlota vitola de galera if I'm not mistaken. Can anyone provide comparisons of the two?

The only time I smoked the SD3's is when I was in Cuba. The 4 of us bought a box just to have something small to smoke, they were young but very tasty. If my memory is correct they are very similar to the Charlottes.

The Master said:
The only time I smoked the SD3's is when I was in Cuba. The 4 of us bought a box just to have something small to smoke, they were young but very tasty. If my memory is correct they are very similar to the Charlottes.
[snapback]276910[/snapback]​

Thanks. I knew that if anyone could fill in the blanks on this, it'd be you. :thumbs:

I see about a $50 difference between the two. Looks like the Charlottes might not be a bad way to become familiar with the SdC profile before dropping more $$.