• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas 898 Varnished

cigardawg

What is the general consensus on this cigar? Do any of you have any opinions? Any information would be appreciated.

MRN suggests that it is one of the milder Partagas, but actually ages very well. He even suggests that it has the potential to get stronger due to aging in the varnished box.

I'd be interested in construction, smoking properties, and flavor.

Thanks. :thumbs:

I have heard that this is one of the best aging cigars around. I have been told that if I ever have the chance to smoke one frome '00 and then one from '04 to do it. I heard that I will be amazed. So now that is one of my goals.

This is my cigar! I love the taste of these, real woody and lots of smoke.
I don't exactly know the history on the un varnished boxes because the varnished is all I ever smoke. The box I have is Nov-03

I first started smoking the Dom. 8-9-8 and its still in my top two all time favorite yard gars.

I will definitely be looking to replenish my box soon.
If you pull the trigger on this one you wont be sorry.,

Rich

Sounds like I should track some of the older ones down. Thanks for the info :thumbs:

Sadly the last of my '98s are gone, and the newer(03,04)ones just aren't the same. If you find some with some age please lmk.

The unvarnished are still pretty widely available from '98 or so. Haven't seen the varnished available for a while now with that kind of age.

Having never even considered one
of these...what is the difference between
the paint and un-paints? The box,the age,blend???

Slightly different sizes and blends. The unvarnished is a bit milder. It's also been discontinued.

The varnished box creates a unique environment for the cigars to age in compared to the unvarnished box.

I'm not a huge fan of these BUT a certain BOTL :love: gave me a couple of these as Snob Lotto winnings AND he was my Secret Santa and they were NICE :thumbs: but they were from '98.

Dalia is not one of my preferred vitolas so I don't go looking for these when I'm trying to find Havanas to smoke BUT a nice '98 makes for a great gift :thumbs: