• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron / Fuente collaboration

I hope so buddy. I've only smoked a limited number of Padron, but they're defo in my top 3 along with AF. So this collab can be nothing short of amazing.

1. Arturo Fuente & Padrón’s Legacy Project is a Big Deal—I’ve long said I think that a company is best judged by its peers. If that’s the case, the Arturo Fuente and Padrón collaboration is a really big deal because just about every one of their competitors cannot stop asking about it.
    For those unaware, for more than two years, Fuente and Padrón have been working on a collaborative project that will be announced and shown off on Sunday. It’s two different 7 x 50 Churchill cigars that will come in a single 40-count box. And if you are wondering, it’s going to be very limited to the point where I wonder how many people are going to end up being disappointed by what should otherwise be a pretty special project. We’ll be able to talk more about this on Sunday though given the track records of the two companies, I’d be surprised if there are many people who actually are going to smoke either cigar this week.
Yeah... that discouraging news at best. If this is a collectors cigar... I'm not interested to much then. I thought they were going to put out cigars to be enjoyed and smoked by everyone. I've got enough stupid money cigars to do me (I'm lying cuz I'm butt hurt).

From HW:

As for the other details, halfwheel has learned that plans have changed. While there was a plan—or plans—about how the cigars would be distributed, sold, etc., those appear to have been scrapped last minute and the two companies are going to continue to finalize the plan. Notably, the companies are not taking orders for the cigars, production numbers, pricing, release dates and pretty much every other detail other than what you can see in pictures was not announced.

From HW:

As for the other details, halfwheel has learned that plans have changed. While there was a plan—or plans—about how the cigars would be distributed, sold, etc., those appear to have been scrapped last minute and the two companies are going to continue to finalize the plan. Notably, the companies are not taking orders for the cigars, production numbers, pricing, release dates and pretty much every other detail other than what you can see in pictures was not announced.
I am sure Elon Musk already has his humidor 😉

LOL, so they are shilling a box of cigars made independently by Fuente and Padron. Then putting them in a gaudy humidor box and pricing them beyond the average cigar smoker can afford.

Here is my take if Fuente and Padron would have shared tobacco and blended a cigar then that would have been worth it. You are buying two brands in a humidor and that's it!

LOL, so they are shilling a box of cigars made independently by Fuente and Padron. Then putting them in a gaudy humidor box and pricing them beyond the average cigar smoker can afford.

Here is my take if Fuente and Padron would have shared tobacco and blended a cigar then that would have been worth it. You are buying two brands in a humidor and that's it!

That's the whole thing that gets me with a lot of these "special" releases. They pack them in elaborate boxes and humidors then put a multi thousand dollar price tag on them and pitch them as the next biggest thing since the invention of the wheel. All of the brands from all countries are guilty of this at one point or another and it's tiring. At the end of the day they are just cigars!

So here's the list of standouts from the show:

Who's most excited for what (besides Padron/Fuente collabo)?