• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Classic 3000 Maduro

• Thread starter Thread starter MX
  • Start date Start date

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Screenshot 2024-08-02 083714.png
20240731_165054.jpg
20240731_165251.jpg
20240731_174047.jpg

Padron
Classic 3000 Maduro
Robusto (5.5 X 52)
• Wrapper: Nicaraguan Maduro
• Binder: Nicaraguan
• Filler: Nicaraguan
• Strength: Medium-Full

**NOTE: this review is for this cigar, at the time of smoking**

Once again, I will start of this review by saying that under most circumstances, I am not a Maduro fan. However, there are a few exceptions to every rule.
Starting off, I was a little surprised, there was a large vein running under the cigar band, I thought that it might be trouble later on. Most of the #000’s series cigars tend to look a bit less refined than the higher-end Padron’s, but in the end they all smoke perfect
Out of the gate, there is an initial hit of Nicaraguan pepper, then is settles into a more balanced smoke with lots of spice, chocolate, some espresso and that note of Maduro sweetness, that if not done right, is what turns me off to this wrapper. Padron does it right. I have mixed emotions when it comes to complexity in cigars, sometimes I want to go on a journey, when I do, I usually reach for a perfecto shape, other times, like a good jazz tune, sitting in the pocket is perfectly fine, this cigar knows jazz! Start to finish no issues, no relights or touch ups, and never got hot.

A great choice when you know you just want to hit your stride and relax into the smoke and day.

Excellent review and excellent scoring card as well sir. Also, PPI has a whole new meaning to me. I'd say my PPI is 5$, ya know, cause 20$ is 20$

Reactions: MX
Maduro cigars seem strong for me, however I like this cigar on occasion, like one per month so keep a few on hand.

Great review. I'm a big maduro fan and really dig these cigars. I'm currently working through a box with 4+ years of age on them.

Have you noticed if the age has changed them at all?
Years ago there was a lot of talk here about aging these so I picked up a box, nestled it towards the back of my humi and truly forgot about it until a couple years later. They are realllllly smooth. Some have said when aged for a couple of years, they become similar to the 1964 anni. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but they are terrific! The wrappers are very orange. :)