• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Out of Control!

Gonz

Ultra Runner
A buddy of mine who just had a baby back in September is shopping for a couple boxes of cigars with the Sep 06 date code that he can hold on to for special occasions with his son. He's also looking for July 03, and actually found a couple boxes from then as well! He gave me this list of cigars he found and was looking for feedback, so I thought I'd run it by everyone here and get opinions on what to get.

Also, one of the boxes he found at a vendor has the box code "FOD JUL 03(Revisado Abr/05)" and although I've seen this before it's never been a concern of mine and I never wondered what exactly it meant. So is this box stamped FOD JUL 03, or does it have something else on it. Would one still be able to consider this a July 2003 smoke for purposes of celebrating his first son's birth?

So here it is, this crazy fricken guy is out of control thinking he'll get two or three boxes from 06, and these two he found from 03, what words of wisdom can be given to help him!?

Diplomaticos No. 4 OEB Sep 06
Fonseca No. 1 RTO Sep06
H. Upmann Petite Corona ROA Sep06
H. Upmann Mag 46 - ROA Sep 06
Partagas Serie D No. 4 RTO Sep 06
Vegas Robaina Famosos AML Sep 06

Montecristo C EL - FRH Jul 03
SLR Lonsdales - FOD JUL 03(Revisado Abr/05)

A buddy of mine who just had a baby back in September is shopping for a couple boxes of cigars with the Sep 06 date code that he can hold on to for special occasions with his son. He's also looking for July 03, and actually found a couple boxes from then as well! He gave me this list of cigars he found and was looking for feedback, so I thought I'd run it by everyone here and get opinions on what to get.

Also, one of the boxes he found at a vendor has the box code "FOD JUL 03(Revisado Abr/05)" and although I've seen this before it's never been a concern of mine and I never wondered what exactly it meant. So is this box stamped FOD JUL 03, or does it have something else on it. Would one still be able to consider this a July 2003 smoke for purposes of celebrating his first son's birth?

So here it is, this crazy fricken guy is out of control thinking he'll get two or three boxes from 06, and these two he found from 03, what words of wisdom can be given to help him!?

Diplomaticos No. 4 OEB Sep 06
Fonseca No. 1 RTO Sep06
H. Upmann Petite Corona ROA Sep06

Montecristo C EL - FRH Jul 03
SLR Lonsdales - FOD JUL 03(Revisado Abr/05)

FOD JUL 03 is July. It was revisited in Abr 05 - just inspected!

oh - it has another stamp that says Revisado and the date.

Would one still be able to consider this a July 2003 smoke for purposes of celebrating his first son's birth?

Yes. Box was reinspected in 2005 is all (from what I understand).

As far as the '06 stuff goes, assuming he's planning on laying these down for a long time, I'd go with the VRs and either the PSD#4s or the Upmann Mag 46s - Psd#4 might age a bit better, but I give a slight nod to the Upmanns because I prefer them to the Partagas).

Any of these will be fantastic smokes in the years to come. I'd give the tip of the hat to the Mag46 for its SLB container. If he can get a 50-cab of that in the same code, so much the better.

What the other guys said about the Revisado.

Wilkey

Well, my freind went ahead and ordered the Psd 4, Mag 46, Fonseca No. 1's (all Sep 06 dates) and also the Monte C EL's (with the July 03 date). What a nut! It's a good thing he's got an end table cabinet coming as well!

Gonz

the dip#4's are nice...in 9 years they have gone from nice to pretty darn good.

for long term aging...i dont see anything wrong with the two upmann's...have multi boxes of both for just that.

derrek :)