• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

One more please?

Bitaemo

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Canadian
Hello,

my name is Tim, I'm new here at CP but I have a question that I could really use some clarification on if that's okay with the members here. I plan on being a contributing member here and making some new friends but I have a question regarding this particular cigar. Any help would be great appreciated! Thanks!

Sincerely, Tim

hehe, dont know if anyone remembers that.... anywhoooo.....

About 6 months ago, my neighbour dropped off a Humidor that hadnt been sesaoned or maintained in some years. He claimed that he had picked up most of the cigars in the Humidor in Cuba itself, and was sure they were all genuine. Ive left the Cigars from other countries out of the pictures...

Now Ive been debating posting these over the past while, I really didnt want to bother anyone especially because I can almost guarantee they are fake, but what do I know? Perhaps they are older and bands were not all perfect? 4 of them say "La Habana, Cuba" and 2 say "Habana, Cuba"

I tried Googling "La Habana Cohiba" and I get nothing, I tried searching CP on various "IS this fake?" threads and Ive read about the 2.5 checker pattern hing.. but still I wonder if there was a time when this wasnt true?

If its not too much trouble, would someone mind giving me their opinion on whether or not these are fake?

I appreciate the effort very much... I really do want to be part of the community, and I cant wait until I can give some advice to someone.. for now, I will pretty much sit back and learn.

Thanks everyone!!

cigar1.jpg

cigar2.jpg

cigar3.jpg

They're fake. The one on the far right has a decent enough band from what I can see, however seeing as how all the others are fake...

I think its all been said above. To me, even IF they were real, they look unsalvagable. Of course, if you needed some firestarters for the campfire...might work for that! :p

Well, this is good news for me, as now I know I can pretty much stop babying these sticks trying to revive them, and give the neighbor a quick lesson or two in Humidor maintenance, and pass them back.

Thanks so much guys... even though I knew in my heart of hearts these were fakes, now I can rest easy knowing for sure.

Thanks again!

Tim

Accepted practice is to destroy them, or if you keep them, write "F" on the labels. Most of these smoke like rolled cow patties. I keep a few, like a pack of gag gum - might come in handy some day.

Yup...concur with the others...unequivocable fakes. Normally I would spark one just to see how it tasted, but in this case...best to chuck them.