• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Old Por Larranaga Box Updated Info

Magnaflux777

Hello Folks,
Went to cubancigarwebsite.com and lo and behold stumbled upon the warranty seal page and found info on this seal. Its hard to see in my pic but the seal has perforated edges and said that they were also glued to the box which this appears to as well. Site says
This seal was a modification of the previous seal and had perforated edges (like a stamp).
It was printed in four languages with dark green ink and was glued to the boxes.
With that being said im going to guess this box was made in the 30s or 40s due to the construction of the box,maybe im wrong but just a guess. I spent about 1.5 hours this afternoon looking on every site i could think about for Por Larranaga Romanos and found zilch, so the mystery continues i suppose and i may need to call Scooby on this one. Thanks again for all the replies and who knows maybe one day someone will have a bit more information to this puzzle. Take care and enjoy your cigars in good health.
Magnafluxcuban warranty seal upscaled.jpg

Hello Folks,
Went to cubancigarwebsite.com and lo and behold stumbled upon the warranty seal page and found info on this seal. Its hard to see in my pic but the seal has perforated edges and said that they were also glued to the box which this appears to as well. Site says
This seal was a modification of the previous seal and had perforated edges (like a stamp).
It was printed in four languages with dark green ink and was glued to the boxes.
With that being said im going to guess this box was made in the 30s or 40s due to the construction of the box,maybe im wrong but just a guess. I spent about 1.5 hours this afternoon looking on every site i could think about for Por Larranaga Romanos and found zilch, so the mystery continues i suppose and i may need to call Scooby on this one. Thanks again for all the replies and who knows maybe one day someone will have a bit more information to this puzzle. Take care and enjoy your cigars in good health.
MagnafluxView attachment 85463
Like I said, that seal would have been between 1939 - early 1960's. I have a few boxes with that same exact tax stamp you have from the early post embargo 60's. It changed a bit in the 70's, but is very similar. The clasp makes me think it's pre-embargo vintage though. Why don't you email Alexander Groom at cubancigarwebsite.com and send him pics. I'm sure he'd love a good mystery like this.

atrgoom@cubancigarwebsite.com

Hello Folks,
MagnafluxView attachment 85463

Why not just continue this conversation on the original thread?