• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No smoke from the cigar

Kiman

Well, I just lit a Cuban Cohiba Esplendidos cigar with a bunch of my friends and we didn't get any smoke to blow out and why, I dont know.
Non talented in Cigars by the way.

Hope you can answer my question

Regards
Kiman :)

Well, I just lit a Cuban Cohiba Esplendidos cigar with a bunch of my friends and we didn't get any smoke to blow out and why, I dont know.
Non talented in Cigars by the way.

Hope you can answer my question

Regards
Kiman :)

Haha, I can see this going in a bunch of interesting directions... :whistling:

There are two possibilities.
First, the cigar may be a fake. Assuming you are from the states, there are more counterfeit Cuban cigars, and particularly esplenditos on the market then there are authentic. Consider your source, and compare the band to online pictures.
Second, if it is 100% authentic, esplenditos occasionally have a tight draw. It may have been stored poorly. Or there could be a number of other factors effecting it.

If I had to guess given your cigar "talent" is is most likely a counterfeit.

Actually, I got the cigars from my friend who went to Cuba on a vacation. And I store the cigars in the original package that comes with them.
Everything seems good, and from pictures, they seem real and that is what i think too. Before we smoked it we watched tutorial videos on
youtube and we followed them step by step. Im not sure what the problem is really, the cigars seem fresh and not bad stored.

Yours
Kiman

Actually, I got the cigars from my friend who went to Cuba on a vacation. And I store the cigars in the original package that comes with them.
Everything seems good, and from pictures, they seem real and that is what i think too. Before we smoked it we watched tutorial videos on
youtube and we followed them step by step. Im not sure what the problem is really, the cigars seem fresh and not bad stored.

Yours
Kiman

Tutorial on You Tube? What will they think of next?!?!?!?

Yours
Kiman

These guys are tough. Or maybe I'm not in on the joke, but if you are really interested in smoking a good cigar, a Cuban isn't your only option. If your friend bought them in a government store, then it may just be plugged. This happens occasionally. I have that problem with some vintage esplenditos that I have. When things like this happen, it makes you less enthusiastic about smoking cigars. Especially in my case after waiting 7 years. Thats why you should familiarize yourself with some easier to obtain brands and figure out what you like.

In this case you probably prefer a cigar with an easier draw. :D Now thats a joke!

If it was purchased from Cuba, chances are it is probably "fresh." It could have been still very wet from when it was rolled and that may have been why it wouldn't draw.

In my experience, the Esplendido and Robusto are tight when young and don't begin to open up for several years. The tobacco used in these cigars is very oily and doesn't allow the cigar to breath as it is smoked until the cigar ages a little bit and releases these oils (This is what I have read). Give them a little time or if you can't wait, dry-box them for a day or two before smoking them.

Actually, I got the cigars from my friend who went to Cuba on a vacation.

There many fake Cuban cigars sold in Cuba......many....

Dan

On a side note, I sifted through a bunch of his posts and he is one funny Canadian. Is he not around anymore? I enjoyed his humor almost as much as Smokelaw's.

Michael's busy with his new daughter and other endeavors that demand his time. He still comes around but rarely. Yeah, I miss having him around too.

Wilkey

Everything seems good, and from pictures, they seem real and that is what i think too. Before we smoked it we watched tutorial videos on youtube and we followed them step by step.
Tutorial on You Tube? What will they think of next?!?!?!?

I gotta ask, why the tutorial? I mean it seems pretty easy to get. You need to draw smoke through the cigar, cut one end, light the other, puff puff. That being said, my first cigar was an El Producto, so maybe the "pre made" hole taught me something. :blush:

Post HIGH QUALITY pics of the box, top and bottom, and also HIGH QUALITY pics of the cigar band and the cap (that is the round part of the cigar), and we can help determine if they are real or fake.

If it was purchased from Cuba, chances are it is probably "fresh." It could have been still very wet from when it was rolled and that may have been why it wouldn't draw.

In my experience, the Esplendido and Robusto are tight when young and don't begin to open up for several years. The tobacco used in these cigars is very oily and doesn't allow the cigar to breath as it is smoked until the cigar ages a little bit and releases these oils (This is what I have read). Give them a little time or if you can't wait, dry-box them for a day or two before smoking them.

X2 and they also are tight when stored at a higher RH%, even at 65% percent I've had problems with them.

I usually dry box them for a day before smoking.