• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL survival and/or Pick ‘em

Johnny B

Hey all!

I’m thinking about putting together an NFL Survivor and/or Pick ‘em league for CPass.

Survivor would start Week 2 (avoids week 1 upsets) and would cost $20 per spot.

Pick ‘em would be straight win (no spread) and would start week 1. Buy-in $20 per spot.

Reply with I’m in, if you’re interested. Feel free to ask questions.

Cheers and Go Jets!

Sounds good...once you answer Mike's question. If we could add cigars along with the money, we got something.

How does it pay out?
I’m all for majority rules, but no more than 3 payouts.

Winner takes all, 80/20, 70/30/buyin would be my recommended options.

I’m ok with cigars or money. Maybe cigars for one and cigars for the other? Mixing sounds like a logistical nightmare.

I’m pretty diplomatic and would do it just for funsies with y’all tbh. The wagering just adds to the excitement!

I might be interested. What platform would you use? I think Yahoo does a set up like this?

Am I correct at assuming that survival you pick a different team each week. So ex I pick KC to win in week 2 I can’t pick KC for the rest of the season. Last person standing wins ? If that’s correct going beyond 2nd place would be hard. Also how do you deal with a case where let’s say 3 people remain and they all strike out same week ?

Am I correct at assuming that survival you pick a different team each week. So ex I pick KC to win in week 2 I can’t pick KC for the rest of the season. Last person standing wins ? If that’s correct going beyond 2nd place would be hard. Also how do you deal with a case where let’s say 3 people remain and they all strike out same week ?
That’s correct! Survivor would be winner-takes-all.