• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Releases?

JB_No7

I was wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to when the major companies. ie CAO, Drew Estate, AF, Punch etc release new cigars or at least new shapes. I've only been smoking for a little less than a year, and I seemed to remember new debuts of the CAO Italia and the new Rocky Patel cigar coming out around the end of last summer; is this when most do thier new cigar rollouts?

Most new releases are planned around the RTDA show and convention. The RTDA is in August this year, so look for a lot of new releases from June through December of this year. That is my experience and certainly was true last year.

Not that I am very knowledgable about this, but here is basically what I have learned from Cigardawg...

New releases often comeout around the holidays (Nov/Dec) for obvious reasons. Also, many products debut at the annual RTDA (Retail Tobacco Dealers of America) convention which is usually in July or August. Last year several lines were introduced at RTDA (Italia, Cuefeuntes, Diablo, Royal Sterling, etc).

That's about all I know...

If I knew you were posting at the same time as me Scot, I wouldn't have wasted the effort!!! :laugh: