• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some advice/direction

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I'm strongly considering ordering a box of Boli RC's based off of what CA rated them an issue back, and I'm also interested in some RyJ Short Churchill’s. Between the two, which is a better smoke for enjoying immediately, and/or aging? I enjoy a wide spectrum of smokes and already have had my pallet change on me so matching my flavor profiles is not a priority since I see my pallet changing again before the box is finished. I guess given a similar situation, what you do?
For what its worth, my Habana education has been limited to a few Cohibas, a Montie Robusto, RyJ short churchill, RyJ Cedros.

I'm strongly considering ordering a box of Boli RC's based off of what CA rated them an issue back, and I'm also interested in some RyJ Short Churchill’s. Between the two, which is a better smoke for enjoying immediately, and/or aging? I enjoy a wide spectrum of smokes and already have had my pallet change on me so matching my flavor profiles is not a priority since I see my pallet changing again before the box is finished. I guess given a similar situation, what you do?
For what its worth, my Habana education has been limited to a few Cohibas, a Montie Robusto, RyJ short churchill, RyJ Cedros.
I recently aquired a box of each. Box of Boli's dated Jan 06, R & J oct 06. So far I'm finding the R & J to be a better smoke for me. I do like the Boli's, but the R & J is just more interesting and satisfying for me right now. I'd recommend Monte "Edmundos". Loving them.

I would strongly recommend the "try before you buy" technique. You may not like either as they are different from each other.

But for my .02, the RC are very nice with age, but Boli's have a profile that not everyone likes. Second, the RyJ have not been out long enough to establish a decision whether to age or not. From what I have seen and sampled, they are going to be a real treat with some years on them.

Lastly, I would take ANY review with a grain of salt, as everyones tastes are different. Try it for yourself then form an opinion.

Like the others have said, you may want to try each before buying a box.

Imo, I've had quite a few of each from this year, and the RyJ are a better cigar right now. The RC is very good, just my palate tends to favor the SC. For aging, I would also say the SC will be better, but who knows.

Also, the quality of the RC seems to have gone down somewhat as '06 progressed. Try to find a box from the 1st or 2nd quarter of '06.

I would strongly recommend the "try before you buy" technique. You may not like either as they are different from each other.

I TOTALLY agree with this advice! Always try a 5er before buying a line of smokes that you haven't had before. The Boli profile is as different as the Cohiba profile is, so definitely try cigars before committing to boxes.

Many vendors will sell you a sampler prior to buying boxes, just ask :thumbs:

Hope this helps
~Mark

I look at some of the samplers and could not find any samplers with Boli RC. Does any one have Boli RC or Boli's in general which they would like to trade? What differs the Royal Corona from the rest of the Boli line?

Well after a weekend filled with smoking many ISOMs and discussing the merits of the different blends, I pulled the trigger on a box of PSD4's!