• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need advice from an OG

Charley

The Coolest Guy You Know
It looks like I'm going to get the chance to go to Argentina at the end of this month and I would like to bring back some cubans. If I were to buy a box of something (I'm a newbie so I'm not sure what yet) would I be allowed to bring them through customs when I come home? My girls friend brought me about 6 Monte #2's a while back and she said customs didn't say a word to her about it but I'm a little worried that a whole box might be a different story. I would hate to buy a box and then have to give it up when I got back. Any advice...???

According to the Trading with the Enemies Act, it is illegal for a US citizen to exchange US currency for Cuban goods. Period. That said, it is illegal for you to buy the cigars or bring them back into the country. Any cigars. One or one-hundred. Can you do it without getting caught? Maybe. However, it is still illegal. The law has been further expanded to make it illegal for you to consume or even own Cuban goods.

My advice, don't dance with customs in this way. It is not worth it.

Goods or services of Cuban origin may not be imported into the United States either directly or through third countries, such as Canada or Mexico. The only exceptions are publications, artwork, or other informational materials.

i.e. This should not be discussed here.