• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

need a wedding recommendation

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I’m getting married in 13 months and want to get a box to pass out to my groomsmen. With one exception, none of them really smoke cigars to the extent that I do. I was looking for recommendations for a cigar that could be enjoyed by both seasoned and inexperienced smokers. Do you guys have any ideas/recommendations for me?

I’m getting married in 13 months and want to get a box to pass out to my groomsmen. With one exception, none of them really smoke cigars to the extent that I do. I was looking for recommendations for a cigar that could be enjoyed by both seasoned and inexperienced smokers. Do you guys have any ideas/recommendations for me?

I'm doing the same thing. My guys are getting an assortment of smokes for our golf outing, bachelor party, and wedding. I figure they can smoke what they like, and pass the rest off if they'd rather. I've gotten a mix of cheap and almost cheap smokes for most of them. On the cheap side, Consuegra, Sancho Panza Dbl Maduro, Alcazar, and Famous Nics. For the others, Padron Maduro, Fuente, and Macanudo (they think it's the greatest cigar ever). My best man actually likes a good cigar. I'll take care of him with a few nice ones. Anyways, I wouldn't blow a bunch of $ if they're not going to appreciate it (or should I say enjoy it). I think most of those are nice cigars for the money. I like them (except the Mac), so hopefully they will too.

I would figure out who are the seasoned ones and who are the inexperienced. It should not matter if you give out different brands I would think. Just try to keep the pricing close. You would not want to give a box of Davidoff Mille's to one and a box of Macanudos to another. The inexperienced palates usually likes the milder Macanudo type cigars, where the experienced is going to be the total opposite. Why kill yourself trying to get everyone the same thing.

some good ideas about getting a mix of cigars. What i was thinking was getting a box of Havanas that i can have as a memento of my wedding and then share those sticks with my groomsmen. And alone what J was saying about milder smokes, I was wondering what good mild isoms are out there.

HdM PR
RG CE
HdM EN2
QDO Imperiales
HdM DC

Also, I hear ERDM CS are very mild.

If you're stuck in Cuba, I'd do the Bolivar PC. It's small and flavorful, a bigger cigar might go unsmoked. If you want to do something more "legit", I'd go with one of the smaller Tatuaje Red label sizes.

If you're stuck in Cuba, I'd do the Bolivar PC. It's small and flavorful, a bigger cigar might go unsmoked. If you want to do something more "legit", I'd go with one of the smaller Tatuaje Red label sizes.
I'd prefer to do cuban. I like the Boli PC idea. What about a RyJ short Churchill?

I'd prefer to do cuban. I like the Boli PC idea. What about a RyJ short Churchill?

The Boli PC can be a head-spinner for non-smokers. I'd get a box of Cohiba Siglo II...a name everyone can appreciate, not too strong nor bland, not crazy expensive and not too big...also Trinidad Colinials would be good too, though not that well known.

The Boli PC can be a head-spinner for non-smokers. I'd get a box of Cohiba Siglo II...a name everyone can appreciate, not too strong nor bland, not crazy expensive and not too big...also Trinidad Colinials would be good too, though not that well known.

I'd second Jan's recommendations as a first choice and would also recommend a ERdM El Principe, AF Chateau Fuente or Cuban Belicoso.

I've noticed when handing out cigars to the occasional smoker they go for cigar size first, corona, robusto and petit corona seems to be most popular, followed by brand recognition.

:cool:

some good ideas about getting a mix of cigars. What i was thinking was getting a box of Havanas that i can have as a memento of my wedding and then share those sticks with my groomsmen. And alone what J was saying about milder smokes, I was wondering what good mild isoms are out there.

Romeo y Julieta Coronitos en Cedro > nice presentation, not too big or strong or expensive, mild-medium and tasty. If money or finding the cigars is not a problem, Cohiba Siglo VI tubos for a fine cigar in outstanding presentation.

Bolivar PC is a good idea or you could go with the Corona Juniors which are a little smaller and a little less expensive.

As far as QdO's, I would highly recommend Coronas, (not the Imperiales) which are a little longer than a PC and you can get them for a good price. I would not recommend the RyJ short churchill.

I would agree with Bill. I have a few sticks (from different boxes) of R&J SC that were fabulous fresh but I smoked a couple in the last few weeks and they tasted sick.

Boli PC if you can get the Nov 05 is still very much ON! But heck Boli PC fresh is very goooood :)

... I would not recommend the RyJ short churchill.

I had one of these yesterday and agree with Bill and Sirius. I had one yesterday and it tasted like vegitables, nothing like what it was fresh. I'm thinking about getting some Padron or AF Chateau for the groomsmen, and then something special for myself. :rolleyes: Thanks to everyone for their input and thoughts. Lots of good info and advice out there :thumbs: .

i don't really have a suggestion, i just wanted to say congratulations bro. smoke something nice, you only get married once...at least for the first time ;)

If you are looking for ISOM for experience and non-experienced smokers, my recomendation would be Diplimaticos as they are a medium bodied cigar and have wonderful bean and chocolate flavors that are a lighter version of Montecristos.

The #2 is a wonderful cigar that is perfect for everyone (might be heavy for a non-smoker) but offer great flavor and complexity for all to enjoy.

If you are looking for ISOM for experience and non-experienced smokers, my recomendation would be Diplimaticos as they are a medium bodied cigar and have wonderful bean and chocolate flavors that are a lighter version of Montecristos.

The #2 is a wonderful cigar that is perfect for everyone (might be heavy for a non-smoker) but offer great flavor and complexity for all to enjoy.

Diplos are fantastic.
And the 06 #4s are smokin wonderfully!
RyJs in the smaller ring gauges would be a decent choice too.

-Rob

I say go with the Quai D'Orsay Imperiales. They are medium-mild, but complex and quite different than other blends, which makes them interesting for the experienced guys and not too fuerte for the inexperienced smokers. My tatstes have gone from mild (beginning) all the way to full out mouth assault (JDN Antanos) and now back to more subdued, complex flavors with less strength and harshness.

I have the same problem, though, with smokers of different tastes and experiences, because most want the "Cubans" for the exotic/contraband appeal.

Maybe you can supply a box of Habanos and a box of NCs, with a hint that the Habanos are for a special toast or something? For medium strength, all around good and cheap I recommend Sancho Panza (D.R.) Dulcineas. That way, you won't mind so much if one gets lain down and forgotten at the reception.

Jon and Lee:

Regarding the title "Need a wedding recommendation" my recommendation is "don't"

This way you will have the money and the freedom to buy and smoke whatever you want for the rest of your life! This not only applies to cigars but boats, cars, golf clubs, skis, motorcycles, airplanes, entertainment consultants ;) , suits, shoes, pants, shirts, socks, ties, beer, vodka, whiskey, rum, football tickets, baseball tickets, basketball tickets, hockey tickets, snowmobiles, four wheelers, fun vacations, wild vacations, relaxing vacations, expensive vacations, just to name a few!

But...............should you decide to plod ahead..............best of luck with everything! ;)

Jeff