• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first RASS

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Wasn't all that... Don't know how long it was in Ekan's humidor before he sent it to me... but I'm thinking I should have let it sit a few years lol

I'll go for a PSD#4 over the RASS anyday of the week if they all taste as bleh as the one I had.

I had the same impression. I heard they need age. It is a good looking cigar though.

Wurm said:
Wasn't all that... Don't know how long it was in Ekan's humidor before he sent it to me... but I'm thinking I should have let it sit a few years lol

I'll go for a PSD#4 over the RASS anyday of the week if they all taste as bleh as the one I had.
[snapback]246681[/snapback]​

Oh shi*, I should have told you it's from january 05, i think, but that should be enough to get the harsh taste away. It's from the same box Lemon smokes every week from (He likes 'em).I'm sorry you didn't like it (maybe i'll send another one that you can let rest for a couple of years :D )

Ekans said:
Wurm said:

[snapback]246681[/snapback]​

Oh shi*, I should have told you it's from january 05, i think, but that should be enough to get the harsh taste away. It's from the same box Lemon smokes every week from (He likes 'em).I'm sorry you didn't like it (maybe i'll send another one that you can let rest for a couple of years :D )
[snapback]246713[/snapback]​

lol rather have another PSD#4 ;)

In my experience, those RA's are pretty good if you can get them within a month or so of the box date, but otherwise need a year or two on them.

Gotta keep in mind that regardless of how good the cigar is supposed to be...you might just not have a taste for it. I think RASS are good, but not great. I've had young ones and old ones. I would never turn one down, but I don't seek them out either. Same is true of the RASCC. Something about the flavor of the brand. The only RA that I have had that is truly a great cigar is the 8-9-8 Varnished. Fantastic.

Now, give me something that says Partagas or Bolivar on it and I'm in heaven. Something about the blends in those brands that really do it for me. They both have distinctive tastes...and I like both of them.

It's really about your tastes. The RASS might not have "done" it for you because it was young...or because it is just not the flavor for you. This post is not necessarily focused on this thread, but on all of the threads on Cuban cigars where someone says, "it wasn't as good as it should have been." (or something similar)

Just my thoughts.

cigardawg said:
Gotta keep in mind that regardless of how good the cigar is supposed to be...you might just not have a taste for it. I think RASS are good, but not great. I've had young ones and old ones. I would never turn one down, but I don't seek them out either. Same is true of the RASCC. Something about the flavor of the brand. The only RA that I have had that is truly a great cigar is the 8-9-8 Varnished. Fantastic.

Now, give me something that says Partagas or Bolivar on it and I'm in heaven. Something about the blends in those brands that really do it for me. They both have distinctive tastes...and I like both of them.

It's really about your tastes. The RASS might not have "done" it for you because it was young...or because it is just not the flavor for you. This post is not necessarily focused on this thread, but on all of the threads on Cuban cigars where someone says, "it wasn't as good as it should have been." (or something similar)

Just my thoughts.
[snapback]247043[/snapback]​

I had no expectations to begin with, I had never even heard of the RASS. My ISOM smokes are normally either Partagas, Punch or Hoyo de Monterrey with a few Quintero mixed in when I want a cigarello. So I approached it with an open mind.

So I think your right and the RASS just isnt my thing.

see now, I'm the opposite. I'm a RASS whore! I have three boxes, ranging from a littl over a year old to this summers. And I like 'em all! Young or old, send 'em to me! :laugh:

something about the flavor- different, and it suits me just fine (obviously!) But the PSD4 is good as well (got a box coming as well) as is the CoRo and MAG46. All tastifully different, and very enjoyable. Part of the fun of this 'cigar thing' is finding out what your tastes are... and there are so many to try and love/not love.

RASS whore out...

Rass need a minimum of 5 years before they even begin to show their true qualities. My 99's just started to get good,they will become even better with one more year on them.

The Master said:
Rass need a minimum of 5 years before they even begin to show their true qualities. My 99's just started to get good,they will become even better with one more year on them.
[snapback]247467[/snapback]​

5 YEARS?!?
Man, alot can happen in 5 years... earthquakes, flood, meteor strike, locusts, plague, rampaging moose... life's too short to wait 5 years!

:laugh:

really? I thought they were pretty tasty now... wow, I dunno if I can let some sit that long! guess I'll have to try, huh?

I am with Swissy on this. I think they are great. Just a persons own preference.

Swissy sent me one back in july or so and its been resting in my humi ever since...going to age it a full year and smoke it on a special occasion(when i put staff sergeant on in july of '06)

Im looking forward to it! :D

Jeffro600 said:
Swissy sent me one back in july or so and its been resting in my humi ever since...going to age it a full year and smoke it on a special occasion(when i put staff sergeant on in july of '06)

Im looking forward to it! :D
[snapback]247636[/snapback]​

Ha! That box is gone... and I'm into the new one! :cool:

But aging seems to be the way to go... save it for that special occasion (SSgt!) like I'm doing- got a box in slumber for my boat purchase, spring of '07!

It'll probably be even better then... :thumbs:

Not a big RA fan here either but a five year old RASS can be very good.

I got my first box of RASCC a couple of weeks ago and this is definitely going to be a mainstay in the humidor. I like the RASS, but for some reason, the RASCC is by far tastier to me.