• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Father

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Went to my B$M today and bought a fiver of their lanceros. Smoked one as soon as I got home. You should buy this cigar. Outstanding.Very nice band; rivals an Opus X. Perhaps one of you folks who suffers from gustatory hallucinations should review it.

Doc.

Are these a limited run or should I be able to grab them easily?? I am curious to try one.

I picked up a robusto on Friday and smoked it today. I liked it ok and will buy a few more, but I don't think I would buy a box.

Ken

Are these a limited run or should I be able to grab them easily?? I am curious to try one.

I know the My Father brand is suppose to be regular production, not sure about the specific vitoles though.

Went to my B$M today and bought a fiver of their lanceros. Smoked one as soon as I got home. You should buy this cigar. Outstanding.Very nice band; rivals an Opus X. Perhaps one of you folks who suffers from gustatory hallucinations should review it.

Doc.

Have I fallen prey to Doc's ruse or has he seen the light and joined the rest of us pimps? At any rate, it sounds like an interesting smoke. And for the record, "gustatory hallucinations" has got to be one of the funniest things I've read in a good while.

Just had one of these smokes tonight, given to me by Franco593.

An excellent smoke -- delicious, strong, but very balanced. Took me well over an hour and a half to savor it. The strength of it surprised me by the time i got down to the last inch or so. For some reason, I thought this was going to be a mild to medium. Highly enjoyable.

I really wish these came w/ a smaller price tag.

Doc, glad you enjoyed them. I may have to get my paws on a sample.

Edit to add:

Gsmoke, when you say "strong"...what cigar would you compare it to, strength wise? I'm a huge baby, so if you say LFD, I'll leave these for you guys! :laugh:

Gsmoke, when you say "strong"...what cigar would you compare it to, strength wise? I'm a huge baby, so if you say LFD, I'll leave these for you guys! :laugh:

It definitely had a kick, but nothing that made me break out in sweats or need to lie down afterwards. I have only smoked one LFD (not a double ligero) so I wouldn't be able to compare it to one of those. I can say that I felt this smoke in my stomach afterward -- that's usually my sign that a smoke had a good kick. The strongest cigar I've smoked is the Oliva Serie V -- for some reason the V verges on kicking my butt. And the My Father I had was not as strong as the V -- I'd say a few degrees lighter in strength. Hope that helps.

Good to hear Doc. This is one line I'm looking forward to trying. Now's just not the right time for me to be buying cigars, but I'll be sure to pick up some in the future.

You're going to love it. His best creation so far and that includes Tats. This is just my opinion, of course, but I think you of all Pepin whores, will agree.

Doc.

I did a vertical tasting of all 4 sizes last week...they all started off great showing cedar, spice, and sometimes a creamy leather finish. They did all seem to lose their steam near the end though. Did anybody else notice this? I purchased them at my B&M and let them rest for one week...smoked them at 65% rh

#1. Lancero - 92 pts - Fantastic balance & an all-around elegant smoke

#2. Robutso - 92 pts - Smooth cedar, cream, leather and a touch of spice dominated...long finish with great texture/mouthfeel

#3. Cremas - 90 pts - Same as robusto, but turned into a rough metallic finish near 2/3 mark

#4. Belicoso - 88 pts - Great draw, burn, flavor range exactly the same as others...but again turned rough just at 1/2 mark this time

These are definitely a great Pepin smoke (as usual :love: ). I think the lanceros are the best. But don't go by me, I'm a lancero whore!!!!!

You're going to love it. His best creation so far and that includes Tats. This is just my opinion, of course, but I think you of all Pepin whores, will agree.

Doc.

I expected it to be great.

You just had to figure that a line called "My Father" would have a lot of thought put into it, and certainly not settle for middle of the road.

Maybe I can find room in my budget for a 5'er after all, hehe.

I have heard these are excellent from several guys. Looking forward to snagging a few of the Lanceros to see for myself.

I did a vertical tasting of all 4 sizes last week...they all started off great showing cedar, spice, and sometimes a creamy leather finish. They did all seem to lose their steam near the end though. Did anybody else notice this? I purchased them at my B&M and let them rest for one week...smoked them at 65% rh

#1. Lancero - 92 pts - Fantastic balance & an all-around elegant smoke

#2. Robutso - 92 pts - Smooth cedar, cream, leather and a touch of spice dominated...long finish with great texture/mouthfeel

#3. Cremas - 90 pts - Same as robusto, but turned into a rough metallic finish near 2/3 mark

#4. Belicoso - 88 pts - Great draw, burn, flavor range exactly the same as others...but again turned rough just at 1/2 mark this time
No, but I'll pay more attention when I smoke my third lancero latter today. I would add that, so far, the construction has been perfect with a great draw for a skinny smoke.

Doc.

[
No, but I'll pay more attention when I smoke my third lancero latter today. I would add that, so far, the construction has been perfect with a great draw for a skinny smoke.

Doc.

I would absolutely agree. Construction is perfect, the draw has been perfect everytime (had 3 lanceros so far), and has a razor sharp burn. Stunning wrapper as well.

[

Doc.

I would absolutely agree. Construction is perfect, the draw has been perfect everytime (had 3 lanceros so far), and has a razor sharp burn. Stunning wrapper as well.

That's good to hear. I will definitely have to try these, as I love lanceros but I have had mixed luck with the draw on narrow-gauge Pepins in the past.

Definately something I would be interested in trying. How would I go about getting one?

Definately something I would be interested in trying. How would I go about getting one?
Try our retailors forum. I think there was someone selling 5er's. I've never bought anything form him, though.

Doc.