• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More Cuban Maduros

Gator

I didn't realize that they were releasing Monte EL Maduro, RYJ El Maduro, Cohiba EL Maduro, Partagas Series 3 EL Maduro, and i think there might be a couple more. I haven't seen these anywhere else other than UK websites, is this a UK release, or some places are just getting them earlier? Has anyone smoked any of these?

it must be a mistake, but here's what's on their website:

NEW 2007 LIMITED EDITION MADUROS NOW AVAILABLE
Romeo y Julieta Escudos Maduros - Click here to order
Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos Maduros - Click here to order

NEW COHIBA MADURO 5 AVAILABLE NOW
Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos - box of 25 cigars - Click here to order
Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios cigars - box of 25 cigars - Click here to order
Cohiba Maduro 5 Magicos cigars box of 25 - Click here to order
try our NEW Cohiba Maduro 5 Sampler - one of each vitola - click her

2006 Cohiba Piramides Limited Edition Maduro

Montecristo - Robusto - Limited Edition Maduro (4 7/8" by 50) is in an SBN of 25, like the Edmundo, not a labelled box. After five successful releases of Limited Editions (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005), Habanos SA has decided decided this year to repeat three vitolas that proved the most popular in the past. The specially aged, dark wrappers for this year's release are from 2003 crop and each size is offered in a distinctly different presentation from its predecessor.

Partagas Serie D No. 3 - Limited Edition Maduro (5 5/8" by 46) is in an SBN of 25 like the Serie D No.4, not a labelled box. After five successful releases of Limited Editions (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005), Habanos SA has decided decided this year to repeat three vitolas that proved the most popular in the past. The specially aged, dark wrappers for this year's release are from 2003 crop and each size is offered in a distinctly different presentation from its predecessor

Romeo Y Julieta Escudos Limited Edition 2007 Maduro - Size 5 1/2" length and 50 ring gauge

H Upmann Magnum 50 Limited Edition Maduro 6 1/2" length and 50 ring gauge cabinet of 25 cigars

I'm nowhere near an expert in things of this nature, but aren't the EL wrappers normally darker than the regular releases? Maybe this is why they are describing them as "maduro".

I believe that "Maduro" in the case of the EL's refers to the dark color of the wrappers they've chosen for them, and not the way in which the wrappers are processed.

If I’m not mistaken, you’re looking at Vitasea’s genuine ersatz. Lloyd is a purveyor of Vitasea fakes.

They are referring to the Edicion Limitada series. They refer to them as maduros because of the darker wrappers. I believe that UK vendors are the only ones who typically refer to the ELs as maduros. Nothing new or special, just a different way of describing the ELs that we are used to.

Ah, must be a marketing angle, and it sure got me excited, i was about to put myself in some serious credit card trouble!

That goes along with what I’m seeing. They appear to be referring to wrapper color and I don’t believe they’re trying to be misleading.