• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Petit Edmundo Review

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I recently picked up a box of Montecristo Petit Edmundo cigars from Javier at Granvega Cigars. As always, the cigars arrived in record time -- just two days from ordering. Javier’s attention to detail is impressive; the cigars were vacuum-sealed and carefully packaged. If you've ever ordered from Javier, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Review:

As the weather has finally cooled in So Cal, I decided it was the perfect time to try the Petit Edmundo. Montecristo is a favorite of mine, and since I already have plenty of Montecristo No. 2's, I was excited to try this smaller vitola.

Construction and Burn: The cigar features solid construction and a good draw. The burn was consistently excellent, producing rich, semi-creamy smoke that was smooth and enjoyable throughout.

Flavor Profile: The Petit Edmundo offers a simple yet complex flavor experience. It delivers deep earthy tones with occasional chocolate notes and mild herbal undertones. I’d describe the flavor as a bittersweet cocoa with earthy hints. Kind of like a mocha-like flavor.

Mid-Smoke: At the start, the cigar had a pleasantly spicy kick, engaging both the palate and the back of the throat. While not overwhelming, the spice/pepper was noticeable and very enjoyable. The flavor profile remained consistent with subtle transitions from cocoa to coffee and earthy/herbal notes.

Ending Notes: The Petit Edmundo maintained excellent smoke production and an even burn. As the cigar progressed, the initial spiciness mellowed, giving way to more prominent cocoa and coffee flavors—almost like a mocha.

Overall Thoughts: This is a fantastic cigar that I’ll definitely keep in my rotation for a quick, rich smoke. I highly recommend it to those who enjoy a blend of spiciness with earthy, cocoa, and coffee notes. It’s a smooth, well-balanced smoke with great flavor and smoke production.

The cigar lasted about 45 minutes from start to finish, and is great for anytime of day.

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG