• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo LE 2007

northernmoris

FFOX Whore
I was gifted this from someone I know through work. He prefers Dutch Masters, so he saved it for me knowing I appreciate cigars more than him. He said it was given to him by one of his corporate vendors, guy paid $260 US for a box of 10.

Monte LE '07 rolled to a #2 size
Ring: 48
Length: 6'

Compared with a Monte #2 I bought from a 3 pack.

Here's the pics for viewing pleasure.

sticks045.jpg

sticks047.jpg

sticks055.jpg

sticks056.jpg

sticks051.jpg

Poor guy, $260 for a box of fakes,thats harsh!!
Tell you the truth,until I didn't read it is fake I couldn't tell either.
Guess I have lots to learn.

Are you going to smoke it anyway to see how it is? To be honest, the "fake" doesn't look half bad. Almost looks like a Tat Reserva.

I'm not 100% sure but I might. Maybe I'll bring it to the Philly Herf and light it up there. Let everyone take a look at it.. That might be the fun way.

I'm not 100% sure but I might. Maybe I'll bring it to the Philly Herf and light it up there. Let everyone take a look at it.. That might be the fun way.
Mike...

I say we all sit around the table, put the cigar in the middle and give it a spin...whoever the pointed head aims at, smokes it! :laugh:

Mike...

I say we all sit around the table, put the cigar in the middle and give it a spin...whoever the pointed head aims at, smokes it! :laugh:

Great idea. That way all of us are safe at this Friday's get together. Sure can find some tasty things rolled into fakes.

DG

Mike - I received a very similar one as a gift this last year, a Montecristo Reserva 70 Aniversario (Maduro) according to the gifter. BTW the gifter is NOT a member of CP. The "maduro" is so bad it rubs off with a litter rub of the finger. :rolleyes:
Don Pepin laughed when I showed it to him as an example of some of the fakes I've been gifted - he called it pintura (?).
I haven't decided if I'll smoke it or not yet. :laugh:
Enjoy the pics:

Monte70Annie.jpg

Monte70Annie-Detail.jpg

Everything is WRONG about this one. Cut, color, & paper of the labels; finish on the wrapper, filler, smell, etc. Not a bad smoke probably, just NOT a Montecristo. :(

Don Pepin laughed when I showed it to him as an example of some of the fakes I've been gifted - he called it pintura (?).

Pintura ehh? C'mon Jeff admit it, that's your handiwork! That looks like Burnt Umber if I've ever seen it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Poor guy, $260 for a box of fakes,thats harsh!!
Tell you the truth,until I didn't read it is fake I couldn't tell either.
Guess I have lots to learn.

You think thats bad...I paid $750 for 5 Montecristo Robustos Millenium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they were professionally counterfeited!!!

Thats what I call a lesson learned.

Mike that sucks. I wish I could join you in Philly though to help you deicde that it is fake. :laugh:

Matt that was an awesome resource, thanks so much for posting that. It is in my favorites right next to Moki's crazy Fuente site.