• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Micro Torch (brand) - help

bjordan

Hello.

First post here. I started smoking cigars a little later in life, back in the mid 1990s. I am trying to track down a birthday present some good friends gave me back then. It was a Micro Torch brand (as I recall) butane torch that was as far as I remember kind of the first torch that became favorable in lighting cigars. Mine was stolen. I'd like to replace it. It had a clear body that allowed one to see how much fuel was in it and a small black cap to cover the nozzle on a chain. I have looked online and I can not find a picture of it, nor any other information. It was small, easily fit in a pants pocket.

Does anyone remember these? Know where I can find one? I can't find the same on one Ebay, but I'm sure its because I don't have enough information about them in my aging memory. :)

Thanks in advance for the help!

I just grabbed a 5-pack of refillable torches for $10 and they work great. The single flame is like a little light sabre.

Link

I just grabbed a 5-pack of refillable torches for $10 and they work great. The single flame is like a little light sabre.

Link
I had a Blazer just like OP's back in the day, that eventually kicked the bucket. Now that I think about it, I think I got it in a group buy here on CP!

These days I have a couple of Zippos with dual torch inserts, but if/when anything happens to them I'm probably just going to go with the cheapo refillable torches as well. The main thing I want at this point is a big tank, as the Zippos only seem to hold enough fuel for half a dozen cigars, the torch inserts are made in China anyway just like the cheap lighters would be, and they're $15-$20 each.