• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MAGNUM 50 EL

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
DOes anyone have these in their possesion yet?

I am dying to try them.. and was wondering if anyone has tried them and how do they compare to the 46's.

Commence PEE-PEE DANCE!!

I've seen places that have them but I have no desire to get these or smoke them.

magnum50el.jpg

Here is a review: Keep in mind that this was not written in english so the translation may be a little off! Hai mochido :cool:

5/13/2005
The first impression of H. Upmann Magnum 50 EL

H. Upmann Magnum 50 is the one of 3 these Edicion Limitada vitola which this year are planned. Magnum 50 is the same length as Magnum 46 which is usual H. Upmann brand line-up, but as vitola name shows, the ring gauge is 50. The making which is very good, being clean, was something of the smooth darkness color wrapper leaf. Same as Magnum 46, with the taste also Magnum 50 is refined, fragrance and hints of woodiness. It is the cigar which offers a lot of strength. Strength of the body just has exceeded the mark of center a little, it has been similar to the strength of Montecristo Edmundos. As a funny detail, it is printed to the H. Upmann band where the name Magnum of vitola 50 is red. In each case, when release it is done officially in the world marketplace, usual Edicion Limitada 2005 it probably will be attached as the band of 2 flat knots.

I've actually heard that a lot of people were underwhelmed with the Mag50 sadly. And it wasn't really that strong, IIRC.

On the contrary, I've heard the RyJ Petite Pyramid has a lot of potential.

YMMV

I wonder if letting them sit for 1 yr or 2.. if they will taste any better. Damn I hate aging cigars.. No patience .. :thumbs:

I would always suggest at least 2 years. The difference in a fresh cigar and a 2 year old is HUGE in my book. Hince why If I don't have a 2 year old gar I buy boxes that are at least 2 years old :)

I've had some,however,I found them young tasting. I believe they have the potential to be a very good cigar. Also,they're not anywhere as strong as the Edmundo but the Edmundo wasn't all that strong when I 1st got them. I will wait on the Mag 50's and see how they develope. X :whistling:

cvmfour said:
I've actually heard that a lot of people were underwhelmed with the Mag50 sadly. And it wasn't really that strong, IIRC.

YMMV
[snapback]201959[/snapback]​

Since when does a cigar have to be "strong" to be "good"?

If a person is looking for "strong" then just buy some fresh opus...

I smoked an MagEL 50 that I purchased at the TJ LCDH, and it was an excellent cigar. I'm sure it will become much more refined over the next 4-5 years.

morenoloco said:
cvmfour said:

YMMV
[snapback]201959[/snapback]​

Since when does a cigar have to be "strong" to be "good"?

If a person is looking for "strong" then just buy some fresh opus...

I smoked an MagEL 50 that I purchased at the TJ LCDH, and it was an excellent cigar. I'm sure it will become much more refined over the next 4-5 years.
[snapback]202307[/snapback]​

Agreed I don't care for the stronger cigars one bit. As most lack true complexity and flavor. How much was the cigar at the LCDH? I will be down there in a few weeks and may try one out or a few.

Lets harp on the strong part and not on the underwhelmed part :laugh: Just from what I've been hearing around the boards that some were underwhelmed vs. the RyJ/Monte D...Take it FWIW :thumbs:

cvmfour said:
Lets harp on the strong part and not on the underwhelmed part :laugh: Just from what I've been hearing around the boards that some were underwhelmed vs. the RyJ/Monte D...Take it FWIW :thumbs:
[snapback]202321[/snapback]​

Define underwhelmed? Was it mild in taste? Did it lack flavor? Were people expecting to get a "crack" high off of it or were they expecting to hallucinate?

Underwhelmed in the general sense implies that it was not a "kick ass high octane mofo of a cigar."

Personally, I thought it was quite a refined cigar with a lot of potential for further refinement. As it is a young cigar, it is nicotine packed as well.