• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Machine made Cubans

Lemon

Okay, so it's obvious they are cheaper than hand made, but how good/bad are they?
I was thinking of ordering some boxes of cigars, Quintero, Partagas (Perfectos), JL Piedra. They got decent reviews on the net.

What can you tell me about machine made Cubans (particularly these labels)?
Does aging help machine made cigars?

If you're gonna try machine made, you HAVE to get some Partagas Culabra's :) can't beat getting together with 2 friends, and splitting this twisted 3-some between ya. You'll find em at Ilja's Establishment :thumbs: :thumbs:

Oh my, I love those Horse! Now my mouth is watering!!!

They look like hell but they're a great smoke!

Lemon said:
Okay, so it's obvious they are cheaper than hand made, but how good/bad are they?
I was thinking of ordering some boxes of cigars, Quintero, Partagas (Perfectos), JL Piedra. They got decent reviews on the net.

What can you tell me about machine made Cubans (particularly these labels)?
Does aging help machine made cigars?
Strong smokes usually. Most have rated a 4/5 or 5/5 for strength from MRN. At their prices, not too much aging goes on I'm guessing. Cheap ehough for an everyday stick.

Horse said:
If you're gonna try machine made, you HAVE to get some Partagas Culabra's  :)  can't beat getting together with 2 friends, and splitting this twisted 3-some between ya.  You'll find em at Ilja's Establishment  :thumbs:  :thumbs:
Horse hit that one right on :thumbs:

other1, tubaman and I split a Partagas culebra today at LI Herf V. I think someone took pictures but after three rum and cokes, a Remy VSOP and a few Heinekins, I think a remember a flash bulb going off but I'm not sure...... :0

It was yummy ;)

Quinteros and Jose Piedras are great cigars. I highly recommend MM's because you get the Havana taste for much less cost. Of course aging helps, what ya think ya can only age "expensive" cigars? :0 :p

A cigar's ability to improve with age is not a function of price or filler length ;)

coventrycat86 said:
Of course aging helps, what ya think ya can only age "expensive" cigars? :0 :p
:D Yes I did :lookup:

From the first time I tried Piedra, I really liked it. I'll just have to build my coolidor for these boxes :thumbs:

I suggested the Culabras...but I got a question. I've never ordered a box of these. They're listed as 25 sticks.. Is that 25 sets of 3 or actually more like 8 sets of 3?

Horse is dead on about the Culebras ((sorry) I always have some on hand)) but may I also suggest H. Upmann Regalias and/or Ramon Allones Mille Fleurs, another two wonderful MM.

By the way hello to everyone here at cigar pass.

You guys are driving the cuban in me nuts with this Culabra stuff.

It's Culebra dammit. Of course CC spelled it right. :D

I just finished a Guantanamera, a VERY competively priced machine made Cuban. Only cost me $7, which is a great price for a cigar in Canada. I really enjoyed it, has a nice thick nutty taste to it. However, the aftertaste (about 10 minutes after I finished it) was a little industrial.

ricmac25 said:
You guys are driving the cuban in me nuts with this Culabra stuff.

It's Culebra dammit. Of course CC spelled it right. :D
Kay ehs two problaymah Ric? :p