• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for something

King Norre

Hey,

I'm a newbie and I'm looking for a (Cuban) cigar that is comparable to the Montecristo no4.
Not too long and not too heavy
What do you guys recommend?
I also posted this topic in the Cigar Lounge but they told me it was better to post it here.

Thanks in advance,

King Norre

Try any of the smaller Cohiba lines, like the Siglo I, II's. Look for some older box code dates at your shops. The older a Cohiba is the smoother, IMO. 2005 is already smoking well right now.

Thanks jfields. I always thought that the Cohiba's were "heavy" cigars, not for newbies. Never smoked one though.
I'll look for them, thanks again for the info.

Ciao,

KN

Thanks jfields. I always thought that the Cohiba's were "heavy" cigars, not for newbies. Never smoked one though.

Ciao,

KN
The Siglo I is most definitely a strong little stick. Good, but strong.

If what you're looking for is smallish size, then look to the petite coronas of any of the marcas you find.

If you prefer a milder cigar then look to petit coronas or coronas from Hoyo de Monterrey (Coronas, Short Coronas, Coronations tubos, u Depute), Fonseca (Cosacos or Kadetes), Upmann (Petit Coronas, Coronas Major/Minor, Singulares), El Rey del Mundo (Lunch Club, Petit Coronas), Juan Lopez (Petit Coronas), Quai D'Orsay (Coronas Claro), Rafael Gonzalez (Petit Coronas), Saint Luis Rey (Petit Coronas), or Sancho Panza (Non Plus, Bachilleres).

Happy hunting!

Wilkey

Ciao,

KN
The Siglo I is most definitely a strong little stick. Good, but strong.

If what you're looking for is smallish size, then look to the petite coronas of any of the marcas you find.

If you prefer a milder cigar then look to petit coronas or coronas from Hoyo de Monterrey (Coronas, Short Coronas, Coronations tubos, u Depute), Fonseca (Cosacos or Kadetes), Upmann (Petit Coronas, Coronas Major/Minor, Singulares), El Rey del Mundo (Lunch Club, Petit Coronas), Juan Lopez (Petit Coronas), Quai D'Orsay (Coronas Claro), Rafael Gonzalez (Petit Coronas), Saint Luis Rey (Petit Coronas), or Sancho Panza (Non Plus, Bachilleres).

Happy hunting!

Wilkey
It's all subjective opinion. I can't smoke the PLPC because it's too strong tasting to me, but yet I find all of the Bolivars great.

Like I said............with some age. I have had some CORO that was young that I found strong, and CORO that had about two to three years. They were very smooth and refined.

Just buy one of something to try first. Some of my favorites were discovered this way. This includes some that I was afraid to try because I had a preformed opinion that they would be too strong.

Right on, John.

I didn't recommend the Party Shorts, RASS, or Boli PC, CJ because of the strength factor. PLPC also falls into the fairly strong category for me. Probably could have added the Monte 4, 5 though but not the Dip 4 as that is one strong little stick at least as far as 2006 vintage.

Wilkey

I know what just came to mind. Give the Petit Edmundo a try. :thumbs:

Forgive my ignorance, but what does RASS, CJ, PLPC and CORO mean?

KN

RASS= Ramon Allones Special Selection
CORO= Cohiba Robusto
PLPC=Por Larranga Petit Corona

Ginseng was referring to the Boli PC, CJ
PC=Petit Corona
CJ= I'm not sure myself on that one? If he had put CG, I would think Corona Gigantes.

Edited to say: DUH! CJ=Coronas Junior

You're new to this and you're seeking mild? I think you may find the Quai d'Orsay Coronas Claro to be your friend.