• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2023, 2024

LOL, I drove over 2K RT for a cigar event and bought liquor! You can't find Weller in St. Louis, so that's a no brainer. I've never seen the Glenlivet Nadurra, Ledaig Rioja, and the Springbank 15 anywhere and I like my scotch.
20240831_165039.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a bottle of Taylor Small Batch and Eagle Rare myself this week...
It seems there is a bit more availability of late. I was at Binny's this past week and they had a good amount of BT Kosher Rye on the shelf. That was generally held in the back room, but now they're putting it on the shelf. And they seem to be receiving regular shipments that are making it onto the floor - although the minute they set up a table it's wiped out within the hour...

When I toured the factory last year they have done a lot of work to increase production. But the tour guide did caution that it may take several years for the product to hit store shelves as it has to be aged properly.

It seems there is a bit more availability of late. I was at Binny's this past week and they had a good amount of BT Kosher Rye on the shelf. That was generally held in the back room, but now they're putting it on the shelf. And they seem to be receiving regular shipments that are making it onto the floor - although the minute they set up a table it's wiped out within the hour...

When I toured the factory last year they have done a lot of work to increase production. But the tour guide did caution that it may take several years for the product to hit store shelves as it has to be aged properly.
I lucked upon both and literally took them from the hands of the clerk prepping to put them.on the shelf. I also happen upon Wellers and Blantons here and there but not nearly as often as I'd like. Thank goodness my scotch collection doesn't suffer due to allocations.

The newer version of Rendezvous is definitely good, but I still think the OR was the best. I finished my first bottle in record time - and surprisingly managed to find another bottle recently that must have been lost in the back room of the liquor store - priced at original pricing! Funny that it was not snatched up quickly - the clerk said it had been sitting for a few weeks and wondered why no one had grabbed it...

I lucked upon both and literally took them from the hands of the clerk prepping to put them.on the shelf. I also happen upon Wellers and Blantons here and there but not nearly as often as I'd like. Thank goodness my scotch collection doesn't suffer due to allocations.
Our local grocery store has had a regular stock of Buffalo Trace, though it's stored in the backroom. I love to make Copperheads with it (2 oz. BT, 1/2 oz. of Amontillado Sherry, 1/2 oz. of Drambuie and a couple of shakes of orange bitters). I've tried a lot of other bourbons in the Copperhead, but BT seems to add the best flavoring to the mix (exactly the way I first remember it being made for me). I was very surprised my local grocer also had the 1.75L BT - I'd not seen those for many years... Just grateful I have a place I can fairly regularly pick up the BT - it's not so easy to find around here...

But the best my local grocer did for me - saved me a bottle of Elmer T. Lee... at retail price! When I went to the front check out line the woman clerk (not a whiskey drinker) said, "Damn that looks like a fancy bottle of whiskey. I can't believe it's only $40!" If only she knew...