• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Learned a lesson yesterday

dulaney22

Banned
Had one of my neighbors stop by the office and there were a few 3-packs of Monte 2's (I just got) sitting on my desk. Of course, he inquired as to their origins and I told him. The box had a gift sampler that I gave him. I told him the others needed some down time in my humidor, but that I had some that were ready to smoke at home. He said he would like to try one and I told him to come on down and we would sit outside, have a drink and smoke all he wanted. He lives 2 doors down.

Anyway, I get home yesterday afternoon and when I get out of my truck, he is standing in his driveway, yelling across the house in between for those Cubans I mentioned. Wow!! Tell somebody you have a CC and I guess they lose their manners altogether. :rolleyes: Well, I told him just a minute and went in, grabbed a few from the stash, along with some Dominicans, and went out to present him with the package. He at least said thank you, but acted irritated that they weren't all CC's. Needless to say, I was a little peeved. Don't get me wrong, any of my neighbors, friends, you guys, are welcome to come over and smoke or drink whatever I have, but am I wrong in thinking this is a little out of line?

I guess I'll learn to keep my mouth shut to the general public from now on. ???

I usually never tell people that they are smoking a cuban even if they are. I let them smoke a few and ask them which one they like better. Most of the time they choose something other then the CC and it really suprises them. Then I go into the speech that CC's are gold, just some people prefer them.

But ya, I've had a simliar problem

That's disappointing. Maybe next time you have some rebanded Connies available for him. I just got back to the office after stopping by the house to sign for some furniture we had delivered. I handed the delivery guys a couple of Monte's on the way out the door and their faces lit up. It's a good feeling to hand one of your cigars over to someone who appreciates it.

He at least said thank you, but acted irritated that they weren't all CC's.

You gave him some cigars and he was irritated? Wow! Perhaps you need a new neighbor. :laugh:

Since I've been "seriously" smoking cigars over 10 years, I've been gifted cigars several times. Some of them good, some of them not (even fakes). I always graciously accept them, regardless, since the giver is doing something nice and I appreciate their generosity.

[quote name='Smok'em' post='839933' date='Mar 27 2009, 11:47 AM'][quote name='dulaney22' post='839886' date='Mar 27 2009, 11:36 AM']He at least said thank you, but acted irritated that they weren't all CC's.[/quote]

You gave him some cigars and he was irritated? Wow! Perhaps you need a new neighbor. :laugh:

Since I've been "seriously" smoking cigars over 10 years, I've been gifted cigars several times. Some of them good, some of them not (even fakes). I always graciously accept them, regardless, since the giver is doing something nice and I appreciate their generosity.
[/quote]

Wow, see I agree fully. Like I previously mentioned in my bomb thread. I don't understand how ungrateful some people can be. If it were me, I would have taken then back and told him to find his own. He wouldn't appreciate them for what they are anyways. I've had plenty of sticks that I like that aren't Cuban cigars. A free smoke is a free smoke. Some people amaze me and their lack of appreciation.

-Gianni-

yea, you can unband some yardgars and tell most people they are cubans. The general population doens't know the difference. I only give the good stuff to those who know what they are smoking.

You could do what I did at one point. I would keep a few Price Chopper sticks in there for one particular guy who always asked me for a cuban or quality smoke. This is when my stash was in my 25count humi. He still thinks he was smoking some quality smokes. I just told him mine were nicer. :sign:

-Gianni-