• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Latin Gold Maduro Grand Master

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
Latin Gold is a small place located in downtown San Antonio. It's on the Riverwalk and they hand roll their own cigars, made mostly from Ecuadorian (correct spelling?) wrappers and Dominican tobacco. I have been smoking their cigars for years, but just recently as a serious smoker.

I found the Grand Master to be disappointing. It was rough and pushy. The cigar was anything but smooth. The taste was something hot and dry, so I didn't really want to finish it, but I did. My alternative was draft beer at $4 a pop, so I wasn't too excited about nubbing this one.

The only saving grace was the strength of this cigar. It really punches you in the chest and leaves you feeling stout at the end (if you can handle strong cigars).

I would pass on this cigar in the future, especially at $6 each.

I havent tried theirs yet even thought I live in S.A. but since they are rolled there they may need some age to get better.

J Lew said:
I havent tried theirs yet even thought I live in S.A. but since they are rolled there they may need some age to get better.
J Lew, terrific point. It is my understanding that cigars are at their peak when they are either:

A) Fresh off the roller's skilled fingertips

B) Aged in the McPatrickClan humidor at peak levels

I may have to give Latin Gold another shot... If anyone is interested, their website is:

http://www.latingold.com

;)