• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Casa del Habano, Cancun

northmiler89

Have been away from the site for a few months. Super busy with enlistment and work but got a break and am headed to Cancun in a few days. First stop the evening of arrival will be La Casa del Habano. I go to Cabo San Lucas about 2x a year but havent been to Cancun before. Typically I would just bring my favorite Tats or Illusiones and be happy. I was going to buy a box to bring down with me, but will be right around the corner from the Cuban Cigar capital of Mexico and figured if I was spending the money.. I might as well get something I dont enjoy daily.

Anyone ever been to La Casa del Habano in Cancun? Any prefered ISOM's in the 220-280 dollar .. 2800 peso range? Im a big fan of the Tat Reservas and the Illusione's, but I really dont think I will be dishing out the dough for any Boli Golds or Limited Cohibas...

Much appreciated.

Thank you

Well, first, I would say don't pay 220 - 280 for Boli Golds! You can't really go wrong with Ramon Allones (RASS), Partagas 4s, Montecristos. If they have them in stock, I'd pick up the Conde 109s, but a box won't be in that price range. If you're looking for a box in the 220 - 280 price range in MX, I'm not really sure, maybe Monte 4s, Petite Edmundos, etc. I haven't bought any cigars in MX for a while, I'm sure some of the other guys on here could probably get you some good recommendations.

Well, first, I would say don't pay 220 - 280 for Boli Golds! You can't really go wrong with Ramon Allones (RASS), Partagas 4s, Montecristos. If they have them in stock, I'd pick up the Conde 109s, but a box won't be in that price range. If you're looking for a box in the 220 - 280 price range in MX, I'm not really sure, maybe Monte 4s, Petite Edmundos, etc. I haven't bought any cigars in MX for a while, I'm sure some of the other guys on here could probably get you some good recommendations.
I was there in October. Awesome shop, they have a bar, and a deck over looking a bay i think. The shop is definatly set up as a lounge with some couches and stools at the bar. I dont remember what they had and what it costs because i was so overwhelmed with everything. Have a great time.

I was there last February. It's a nice shop but way over priced IMHO....Buy a stick and enjoy it overlooking the bay...

Cool stuff. Thank you.

We got slammed with snow today and my local B and M announced a 20 percent off sale on their Facebook to anyone who mentioned it. So I ran in and got a box of J21s along with a Padron 1926 maduro and a natural at 20 percent off.

So I figured I will grab a small handful of ISOMs while down there and enjoy a few.

Thanks again. I would love to hear anyone elses comments/opinions on the area/Casa del Habano.

Just got back from Cancun after a few weeks in Belize. Beautiful place but way overpriced compared to the rest of Mexico and very touristy.

I have been to La Casa del Habano several times, most recently last spring. It is a tad expensive....however, so is a gaudy t-shirt that costs $.50 to make and they sell for $10. It is Cancun and everything is overpriced. LCDH stocks a lot of 5 pack and 3 pack boxes of Monte's and the other big labels , so the hit to your wallet is mitigated.

You absolutely cannot go wrong with Ramon Allones (RASS). The last year has been very good for them IMO. Right out of the box-good.

I have been to La Casa del Habano several times, most recently last spring. It is a tad expensive....however, so is a gaudy t-shirt that costs $.50 to make and they sell for $10. It is Cancun and everything is overpriced. LCDH stocks a lot of 5 pack and 3 pack boxes of Monte's and the other big labels , so the hit to your wallet is mitigated.

You absolutely cannot go wrong with Ramon Allones (RASS). The last year has been very good for them IMO. Right out of the box-good.

I second that! The 08s are also fantastic right now.

RASS 08 are amazing.
Just smoke one last night and it blew me away,so much taste and aroma.
One of the best smoke I have ever had.