• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just when you think you've heard it all......

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
I had lunch today at the Ritz cigar club in Clayton MO with a couple of friends.  I had a nice Parti Lusi.  Of course at these gatherings, there is the normal swap of cigars..."here try this, and you try this", that kind of stuff.  One of the fellows there gave me a Monte Cristo Espada and the guy who he got the box from told him they were CC's just relabeled.  He had the whole box of 10.  While I did not laugh my ass off immediately I kindly took the cigar and told him I would get back with him on that.  Said it was really a Monte #4.  Kinda made me laugh.  Clearly the 6x50 Guard.  Wait till the floodgates open and see what people will pawn off as CC's.

Why do people fall for that schizzle? 

Because they are stupid/foolish/ignorant and don't want to admit it.

There's a sucker born every minute.

Same kind of person that goes and buys all those super rare and HTF, glass top box cigars and editicion limitada 2016 on the beaches and tourist parts.

It's nice to feel important or that you have something exclusive...

Sometimes people like to fit into that club by any means necessary, like having fake a fake Rolex or fake Designer this, or that...

jsm11 said:

Sometimes people like to fit into that club by any means necessary, like having fake a fake Rolex or fake Designer this, or that...

So....you know where to acquire these?  :whistling:

:sign:

BigJake6904 said:

So....you know where to acquire these?  :whistling:

:sign:

No sources discussed. :laugh:

Members at the country club I belong to love brag and show off their "cohibas" and "montecristos". While they are blatantly fakes they purchased off a resort beach, I dont have the heart to say anything and embarrass them. Alot of people, unfortunately, use them as a status symbol, which works when talking to non cigar smokers.

Mighty tasty those glass top limited edition cohibas. :) search Fauxibas on the web. You'll get a kick at what people have to say, and how easily offended and defensive they get when there are people simply trying to help them distinguish between real and fake.

I guess some bastards enjoy smoking rolled up pubes and twigs. Tobacco? Yeah sometimes if your lucky there can be real tobacco in them.

CMontoya79 said:
Mighty tasty those glass top limited edition cohibas. :) search Fauxibas on the web. You'll get a kick at what people have to say, and how easily offended and defensive they get when there are people simply trying to help them distinguish between real and fake.

I guess some bastards enjoy smoking rolled up pubes and twigs. Tobacco? Yeah sometimes if your lucky there can be real tobacco in them.

A little bit of floor spice makes everything nice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3C7w9OxPNw

Nobody has ever loved me enough to gift me their prized Fauxhiba's, but plenty of Monte's. I feel bad when a very well meaning person hands me one, never quite sure how to handle it. If it's a Caribbean cruise fake they have three of, no biggie, but if they have a "great online vendor" I'll clue them in as nicely as possible. I have a Monte 2 that I swear to god has what looks/feels like a rice paper wrapper.

Sometimes though, there is the annoying co-worker or in law in your face with their beach bargain sticks (and I'M the one getting hosed because of what I pay)...and I don't feel nearly as bad delivering the news.

Sucks that stuff gets over on people.  Just fuels guys selling fakes to continue to do so. 

After reading this I am really questioning the box of 20 Monte #4's I bought on craigslist for $30.     nah I am just being paranoid I am sure they are good.

Wow, I would believe him, cause he said so. 

How many in a case?  He said there were "all boxes of 25" and if you "buy 5 cases you get one FREE". :laugh:

golfgar said:
Wow, I would believe him, cause he said so. 

How many in a case?  He said there were "all boxes of 25" and if you "buy 5 cases you get one FREE". :laugh:
Obviously his grandmother works in the factory and is able to get her hands on these little gems, or whatever the story is these days - but the grandmother in the factory was always a good one.....

Not to mention there as a guy with a highly rated Cigar Shop in Sint Maarten who was selling Cohiba Sublimes, every time I went he had the next year available 2005., 2006, 2007 until finally someone probably told him "Psst, hey, they were only produced in 2004"

He now for the past 3 years only carries the "2004" (Yeah, right) for $60 each.

Yep, once got a box of 25 Cohiba Pyramids EL 2006 as a gift from a friend in San Francisco.  They only came in boxes of 10..... :0

Hey! "Montoya"...or whatever the hell your real name is...I only want the full box of Glass-tops 'cause I think they'd look hysterical on my bookshelf! What the hell, man? Are you dissing me openly?  :angry: 

Swishers for you!:P

-Trey