• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Juan Lopez No. 2

theorangeman

I just had my second JL #2 in the last two weeks and I am a little surprised with my experience based on the many positive reviews that I've read about this stick. My experience with this Habano (Nov '04) has been nothing special. Although I enjoyed the smoke, it seemed quite one dimensional to me. I had money alloted towards a box of these but after my last two, I've decided to shift gears and to use my money to buy something else. Perhaps I'll get that box of PSP 2's or H. Upmann #2's that I've been wanting to buy. I'll have to try some of the JL #1's sometime to determine if my experience with these smokes are different from the #2's.

I had the number 2 and I found it to be like a dog rocket. Wouldnt buy again.

I've had a few boxes - yes boxes - of the PSP2's. They are a great smoke. I should be getting a JL soon. i'll comment when/if it arrives.

regards,

Gary

(box code O5)

I've had a few boxes - yes boxes - of the PSP2's. They are a great smoke. I should be getting a JL soon. i'll comment when/if it arrives.

regards,

Gary

So I take it then, Gary, that I'm probably making a good decision then. ;)

I have yet to try a PSP 2 but have been looking forward to doing so for a while now!

regards,

Gary

So I take it then, Gary, that I'm probably making a good decision then. ;)

I have yet to try a PSP 2 but have been looking forward to doing so for a while now!

Yes - but try to get an early box code! Although the H. Upmann #2's are good.

PM me if you want to split a couple boxes - we can try both :D :D :D

I think I screwed up my dates. At least get sticks from early O5. I was in Toronto last year when I had one and fell in love with it. (I remembered 04 for some reason)

Gary

The JL#2 can be a great smoke with a lot of age but is one dimensional and not very interesting when young. I recently smoked an '03 which I pitched half way. Lots of raw power and that was about it. Nothing like the wonderfully complex '99s that I would call a poor man's CoRo.

I had one JL2 from 05 and found the same. Since it's part of a fiver, I have the other four slated to be tasted in no less than 2 years from now.

Edited 04 to 05

What else would you expect for a not properly aged cigar? It is probably right in the middle of it's sick period. My 99's are smoking extremely nice right now. As with almost every Cuban robusto, 5 years of age is the minimum for these cigars.

If you hold on to these until 09 I will gaurantee they will be more to your liking.

As far as Upmann 2's are concerned my May 00's just became ready.

I had about a half box from 2000 that were amongst the best cigars I've ever smoked...also smoked on 1999 JL 1 that was fantastic as well.

So, if JL#2 which are currently available from 05 only... that means that I'm out of luck.
:(

Or have to wait 3-4 more years, right?

Go for the Upmann Conn 1's from 98 that are around.

GREAT ADVICE! They are smoking stunningly! Brought one to my bachelor party this past weekend (no way was I paying Canada prices for fresh sticks). That, a VR Unicos from 02 (I think) a PSP2 of unknown age (smoked great though) and a Shark evened out the 19 hours of Montreal debauchery.

Go for the Upmann Conn 1's from 98 that are around.

Thanks for advice. I'll try to locate these, although, as I mentioned before I have only 04-05 available at this point.
:(
Arghh... Nevermind...
I guess that knowledge will come up later with more participation time.
:cool: