• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM cigar poll

Which would YOU buy and why?

• Total voters

RyJ Smoker

Official Opus & Padron whore
I can get either for roughly the same price, but am not NEARLY as knowledgable about cigars as most on here. Does it boil down to 'quality vs quantity'? I know I'd much rather enjoy having 25 cigars, but are the Sublimes going to knock my socks off to the point in which it'd be worth it to have 15 less sticks???

TIA, everyone! I feel each day I'm getting more and more educated about cigars/cigar accessories and really appreciate everyone that's taken the time to post in all of my threads!

Jeffrey L.

Do a little research on the threads here. You don't want to crash and burn in the first week of being here.

I'll take quality of quantity and day of the week and twice on Sunday. The Monte Sublimes are in a wordl "sublime," and in my opinion will only improve with age. While the Diplos are pretty good cigars, especially the #2 and #4...I think they pale in compariosn to the Monte Sublime as the Montes IMHO smoke well now, and will be even better down the road.

I'll take quality of quantity and day of the week and twice on Sunday. The Monte Sublimes are in a wordl "sublime," and in my opinion will only improve with age. While the Diplos are pretty good cigars, especially the #2 and #4...I think they pale in compariosn to the Monte Sublime as the Montes IMHO smoke well now, and will be even better down the road.

X2 on the Monte's

Rene

Looks like the Sublimes are slightly in the lead, with a vote of 5-0...Thanks for all your insight, everyone!

Jeffrey L.

thumbs-up.gif
Yep gotta go with the Monte!

I voted Diplomaticos for the following reasons:

1. I've never had a sublime.
2. There was some creamy goodness in the Diplomaticos I've smoked.
3. The Diplomaticos are pretty mild (IMHO) and make good gifts for new smokers or friends unfamiliar with ISOM sticks. I tend to think about the "share" factor when buying a box. YMMV.

3. The Diplomaticos are pretty mild (IMHO) and make good gifts for new smokers or friends unfamiliar with ISOM sticks. I tend to think about the "share" factor when buying a box. YMMV.

Those are good points. My box of Sublimes has a special purpose, and will probably only be smoked by me. My goal is to smoke one a year till they are gone and track their progress in aging. The Diplomaticos I've had are quite good. I'd be much more prone to share something that isn't an EL, unless it is with a close friend.

be much more prone to share something that isn't an EL, unless it is with a close friend.
Hey, pal! You know, I think I only live about an hour away...I should have you and your (if one) significant other over for dinner and a cigar some night! I could provide the food and you could provide........ :D

Jeffrey L.

i have sold and smoked quite a few boxes of both of these cigars. while i enjoyed the monte sublimes very much, and appreciated their aging potential, they are still a long ways away from being excellent cigars.

rott the diplo #2 is reliable, tasty and reliably tasty. it never gets chucked before the nub. it's not my favorite piramides, but 25 good cigars are usually a better value than 10 maybe great cigars.

whichever you chose, enjoy your smokes.

cheers
drew p

Hey, pal! You know, I think I only live about an hour away...I should have you and your (if one) significant other over for dinner and a cigar some night! I could provide the food and you could provide........ :D

I'd be happy to oblige, after this stupid head cold breaks that is. Not a fan of smoking when I can't taste the goodness. I've got some Dip #3's from 2001 that are pretty good. I'm sure we'll work something out. :D

I'd be happy to oblige, after this stupid head cold breaks that is. Not a fan of smoking when I can't taste the goodness. I've got some Dip #3's from 2001 that are pretty good. I'm sure we'll work something out. :D
Sounds good to me! I really need to show you my two favorite Madison B&M's, too. It'll be a good time.

Jeffrey L.

I think it would be interesting to see how everyone would vote between the Montecristo #2 box of 25 and the Monte Sublime box of 10.